VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres my problem (kinda hard to explain). Whenever I'm driving and looking for parking in school, my oil temp starts to rise over 210. when i turn my car off and pull the key out, my car sorta jumps and seems like it doesn't shut off right away. Anyone know what the problem is?
Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Corrado, 97 B4 TDI, '10 CC 4 MO
4,372 Posts
Re: Need Help! (ROTREX-G60)

Hmm, I haven't heard of that promblem in a long time. Last time I remember having those symptoms, was on a carborated car (anyone remember those) I am not sure what the exact definition is, but pre-ingnition keeps entering my mind. (could be wrong)
I think (and this is only a guess) that the temperatures in the champber, combined with the compression and fuel, is enough to have an explosion. Causing the car to keep turning untill all the fuel is gone. That's why on carborated cars it was more of an issue since the fuel is intruduced at the begining of the intake instead of right before the intake valve, as in FI cars.
As far as the cause, I am not sure. maybe you have really dirty injectors and instead of atomizing the fuel, it is pooling and dripping into the intake runner. (again, a guess)
Hope this isn't to out there and close to being accurate. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Need Help! (jwatts)

quote:[HR][/HR]is your cooling fan switching on?? could be a bad thermo switch. that would be the simplest explanation for low speed overheating.[HR][/HR]​
That's funny because my fan will turn on for about 2 seconds after I turn the car off.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: Need Help! (jwatts)

it's called "dieseling", my car just recently started doing it to...sorta like an engine run on kinda thing...from what my mech told me it has to do with a couple things but most likely timing...have you changed the kind of gas you use recently (premium, reg..??), thats where my problem may lie...i took out my charger and started using regular fuel....about the 4th tank of reg it started doing it and BAD at that...switched to prem tank and a half ago and it's not doin it AS badly but i still get it sometimes....could be the timing to far advanced, bc when i timed the car last it was premium w/octane boost so it may be too far advcd...gonna see how it goes...if you hear a "for sure" solution to this let me know...
Curt

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Re: Need Help! (flawlessG60)

Don't now what your problem is but I would loose the sparkplugs you are useing and go back to OEM! they are speendy, but for a reason! It also could be your problem! also I would run a can of Jetron injector cleaner through your system can't hurt! also if you can't sorce these parts I can get thim for wholesale, arround $55 for both! Adam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.