VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Volkswagen Jetta 159,000 miles 2.5 engine (battery died yesterday left on charge over night went to crank and the light was flashing)
Immobilizer light is on and is flashing
I’ve tried several different things from YouTube and on here haven’t gotten anywhere
The drivers door has had wiring issues in the harness in the past with the window
When I insert the key the horn didn’t beep
Like it used to and I know that’s important to reprogramming the key
What wire controls the key whole on the outside of the vehicle drivers door
The battery is good on the car and the remote
(Everthing else works in the car headlights etc)
I’m stuck in solving this issue and need help from you guys
Trying not to spend $130 on repair
I want ti be able to do an at home repair

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
from YouTube and on here haven’t gotten anywhere
2006 Volkswagen Jetta 159,000 miles 2.5 engine (battery died yesterday left on charge over night went to crank and the light was flashing)
I’ve tried several different things from YouTube and on here haven’t gotten anywhere
The drivers door has had wiring issues in the harness in the past with the window
What's the issue you're after, the flashing immobilizer light? Does the car start? You didn't say anything about starting. Trying to get a clear understanding of what you're after.

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
What exactly have you tried, if Immo is flashing the car will not run, it should start for a sec or two and then cutoff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car started tonight after sitting for 2 hours I think the radio has something to do with it
The theft system in the radio just worried it won’t start in the morning for work some kind of steering wheel light is on also never seen it before

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Car started tonight after sitting for 2 hours I think the radio has something to do with it
The theft system in the radio just worried it won’t start in the morning for work some kind of steering wheel light is on also never seen it before
The steering wheel light is normal. At least it is on my Rabbit or GTI when the battery is unplugged or disconnected. As soon as you take the car for a drive, that light will shut off. Not sure about the anti-theft systems on the radios. I've never had issues with mine.

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
So the car starts and runs fine now, no more Immo issues?

If you are having an issue with the radio being locked and it is a factory radio find the 4 digit radio unlock code and enter it. You may find the radio code in the owners manual or maybe on the radio case but you will need to remove it to find out if it is even there. If you go this route and pull the radio looking for the code and do not find the 4 digit radio code find the radio serial number. Do a search to find out how to tell serial number from the part number. The serial number can be also be pulled with certain scan tools like Vcds and then you can use one of the ebay vendors that sell radio codes for VW and pay less than $10 and get the code. If you do not have a scan tool that can pull the serial number or do not want to pull the radio you will need to take the car to the dealer and have them get you the code but it will cost you more than $10 because most are not doing it for free anymore.

The steering wheel light should go out after a short drive if not scan it and see whats the dtc is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts