VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad and I found a really nice 1987 Jetta Wolfsburg 2-door over the weekend. It's silver, has a rear spoiler, a deep "16-valve GTI" chin spoiler and some GTI-like trim. It also has the rare Pirelli "P" wheels. It's in phenomenal condition, with only 54,000 miles. Driving it, it sure didn't seem to have the GTI drivetrain, but it was still a nice change from the heavy A3 and A4 I'm used to.
Does anyone have information about these? How rare are they, and what's a good one worth?
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Re: Need Info: 1987 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 2-door... (vwgolfer)

Quite rare, and yes they were a looker not a goer. It would be a phenomenal car to transplant a 16v into. Buy it you will love it and get alot of looks from VW fanatics. It should have GTi type seats. A2s are much nicer to drive than are A4 chassis cars, they have a more connected immediacy to them that the A4s lack. I currently own a A4 and love it as a car but its not a lively car that makes me enthusiastic. I miss my A2 Golf. My A1 Jetta is fun though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.