VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instrument Cluster:
What is everyone using to clean the glare free glass on the instrument cluster? I have a few spots and do not want to damage the mineralized glass coating or whatever it is - that does the purple glow thing.
Kristal Gray Leather: Any good stuff/ideas?
Dash: Looks like a scummy film develops every few days, after professional carwash. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Cy

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Re: Need Inside Cleaning Advice/Ideas (cybulman)

Instrument glass, I use a lens cleaner for anti-reflective lenses, obtained from an optician or pharmacy. Plastic lens faces I prefer Griot's plastic cleaner.
Leather, Leatherique, simply the best. They have a web site, but you should order by phone.
Dash, I just use water on a micro fiber cloth. Vinylex and 303 Protectant are good, and don't leave a shiny film. You can also use Leatherique.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Re: Need Inside Cleaning Advice/Ideas (DenverBill)

I just purchased a box of 25 or so lens cleaning cloths (pre-moistened) manufactured by Zeiss from Sierra Trading Post for about $7.00. I bought them for the lens on my digicam. If it's good enough for Zeiss lenses, it's probably good enough for the dash glass!
BTW, STP has a website you can peruse and order from. Just put the "www" and "dotcom" in the appropriate places and you're there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: Need Inside Cleaning Advice/Ideas (DenverBill)

how about removing tire marks from the headliner? ( I had to put my daughters bike in the car )

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Re: Need Inside Cleaning Advice/Ideas (sdtreg)

post that question in the detailing forum. there's a lot of expertise, I've gotten great advice there.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Re: Need Inside Cleaning Advice/Ideas (sdtreg)

Dry cleaning fluid on a very clean rag, take it from a pure biege interior owner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts