VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys/gals,

Time has come and I will be upgrading to an LSD. I get no traction in 1st, 2nd, and first half of 3rd from a stop. Also tire spins when Im exiting a sharp turn. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion where its time that I need to step up to an LSD. I will be building the internals of the motor by next year so that its strong. I would like to get any info from you guys about LSDs, as I have done my research for the most part and have come up with a list of 3; Wavetrac, Peloquin and Quaife.

Give you some main info on my car, 2000 Gti 1.8t t3/t4 garret BT, BT Tubular Exhaust Manifold, Eurojet Race FMIC, Unitronic 630cc programming, GHL turboback, stage 3 clutch and lightened flywheel.

So there are 3 options for LSDs, they are in order of my ranking (1:Favorite, 3:Least Favorite)

1. Wavetrac (http://www.wavetrac.net/technical.htm)
Price: $795.00

2. Peloquin (http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...ain/LSD/ES644/)
Price: 874.95

3. Quaife (http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-.../LSD/ES248525/)
Price: 629.95

I would appreciate some feedback on these if you know information, or have used either of them.

Thanks!

· Registered
11,727 Posts
if you're asking for feedback how can you have a favorite yet?

Peloquin is complete, which means it comes w/ the bolt kit. The Quaife does not so don't be fooled by the lower price they're offering. It'll prolly end up being much closer when you factor that in. I went Peloquin over Wavetrac because it just hasn't been around that long.

· Registered
289 Posts
I have a Peloquin in my bt setup putting down 400whp+ an I like it, but get sum very sticky tires because if you think your spinning on a open dif, your gonna spin alot more if your car is powerful, My car hitting boost is almost scary, an its not even tuned.

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Like screwball said, Peloquin is a complete kit, don't have to buy other parts... I put peloquin in but can't tell you how I like it cause the car isn't running yet :(

· Registered
1,176 Posts
had a quaife in mk3 sc jetta, have a peloquin in bt 337 now. honestly cant tell the difference, other than awesome over non-lsd. as mentioned above, pricing will be ~ equal after buying bolts for quaife. not familiar with wavetrac.

edit: arnold @ pagparts has the diff you want a little cheaper too.
http://pagparts.com/index.php?cPath=63_65_155

· Banned
1,451 Posts
Peloquin for the win.

transmission topics belong in the transmission forum.

Peloquin have no-questions-asked lifetime warranty.

i had two Peloquins for my drag rabbit trans's, still have one on the shelf. have Quaife in the MK3 SC'd VR6 street car. Peloquin feels a little better.

this is not engine related.

have a great day.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know its not engine related but the Mk4 forums are worthless, so I posted in here because Im assuming a lot more BT guys go with an LSD. Take a deep breath bro and then type.

· Banned
1,451 Posts
great. another MK4-Tard here.

awesome.....

Peloquin for the win.

transmission topics belong in the transmission forum.

Peloquin have no-questions-asked lifetime warranty.

i had two Peloquins for my drag rabbit trans's, still have one on the shelf. have Quaife in the MK3 SC'd VR6 street car. Peloquin feels a little better.

this is not engine related.

have a great day.
to which you reply:

I know its not engine related but the Mk4 forums are worthless, so I posted in here because Im assuming a lot more BT guys go with an LSD. Take a deep breath bro and then type.

do you see anywhere i mention the MK4 forum? no you do not as i did not. i mention the transmission forum. as this is a transmission topic.

and you, like most people, assume things. and when you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME!!!

so i suggest YOU spit out the balls, breath deep in your now empty mouth, and rethink what YOU said. as i know what I said.

and here is the thread you should check out, it will answer your question;

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-FORUM-IS-ONLY-FOR-ENGINE-RELATED-QUESTIONS**

but in the interest of being correct, i will paste its contents here for you and outline a few of the more specific points.

ABOVE THREAD STICKIED IN THE 1.8T FORUM said:
Users of the 1.8T Tech Forum:

This forum is for the discussion of topics related to the VAG 1.8T. It is NOT a place to discuss topics relating to anything BUT the motor. Just because the car in question has a 1.8T, does not give it appropriate forum content.

If you want to debate turbos and how they work please go to this topic:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4539755

Some other forums you may find useful:

# Golf IV & Jetta IV
# GTI 337/20th Anniversary/Jetta GLI Forum
# New Beetle & New Beetle Convertible
# Passat (b5)

# TT (Mk1, a4 chassis)
# A4 (B5)
# A4 (B6)

# Automatic Transmission Forum
# Manual Transmission Forum
# Forced Induction

If it seems like your thread *might* fit better in one of the above forums, it probably would. Please make a note of that before posting.

Also, its never a bad idea to use the SEARCH function before posting, as many topics have already been addressed.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Brad
and further reinforced;

ABOVE THREAD STICKIED IN THE 1.8T FORUM said:
To add to what Brad said, folks:

Lately we have had a lot of non directly engine related topics pop up in this forum.

I will repeat again:

This forum is ONLY for questions / topics DIRECTLY about the engine itself. If you have non-engine related topics about a car that happens to have a 1.8t in it, please post them in the forum that is proper for that model of car.

Thank You.
so by your own admission your thread has absolutely DICK-ALL to do with the motor. let me guess, next you are going to ask about drag radials because the engine turns the trans which turns the axles which turns the hubs which turns the wheels which will eventually turn the tires by proxy, so it must be engine related. as we all know, most BT 1.8T owners run DR's on the street so asking here which one is their favorite has to be correct. right?

I know its not engine related
so blah blah blow me.

sorry you caught me on an off day. and again, its unfortunate that i am 100% entirely correct in my argument. now run along, MK4-tard.... and have a non-slip day.

· Banned
1,451 Posts
I would appreciate some feedback on these if you know information, or have used either of them.
and this is what you asked, and exactly what i gave. feedback. with some gentle prodding to guide you to the correct forum to pose your question. but you ran your dick-sucker.... and got the normal me in return.

have a great evening....

this was fun. i havent done this in awhile :)

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone ate their e-wheaties today lol. Haha you are completely right in your argument, so hats off to you sir. I apologize for the attention disorder which is due to me watching the Finals and trying to read/post lol. Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.