VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I hopr you folks don't mind reading. I brought my 92 dizzy vr6 to the shop about 4 months ago for a hesitation/bucking problem. The problem was so bad that the car would act as though you had a drivers ed instructor standing on a pass.side brake pedal at random. It would chirp the tires it bucked so bad. The shop told me that the dist. was bad, along with the TPS and O2 sensors. After replacing these car ran awesome(so they said). They told me to pick it up, and when I get down there it runs the same as the day I brought it to them. So I leave pissed off as they just put all of these parts on there for nothing.
Then they check car over for shorts and wiring problems 3 times over and find nothing. They then tried replacing the Crank sensor and coil. Both did nothing. Then the ECU(expensive one). Car then runs awesome, so I go to get it and it is pullin hard and when engine gets hot, same damn thing again.
The car only runs good cold, and when it warms up it goes to sheeat. Please gimme some sugg. or any feedback. The only code being thrown is 02 sensor. It has already been replaced and the harness and clips checked for faults and found none. Why still throwin the code? I don't know. But my car goes to body in 10 days and can't if it doesn't run for sheeat.
I have never been this frustrated before(the mechanics either).
List that has been replaced
TPS
Dist.
Hall sensor
Throttle body
Speed sensor
Coil
Plugs and wires
ECU

And checked for shorts 3 times
Please add to my list of things to check as Neither mechanics or I know where to go from her, but I have almost 28,000 bucks into a car that seems to never be effen done.
Thanks in advance, Jeff
Here's a pic for people who only click on threads with pics

Modified by nidnabd at 3:59 PM 7-20-2005

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Need Major VR6 Help!! (jimivr6)

IM'd jimi
Could that sensor cause the car to run like that when it warms up?
Is that the one that is next to the yellow and brown one, by the crackpipe?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Re: Need Major VR6 Help!! (nidnabd)

yup thats the one by the crack pipe. I have heard when they are bad they cause the car to run like pure sh*t because that it where the computer calculates the AF ratio according to the engine temp. also did they check the timing when they put in the new dist? thats all i can think of that hasnt been replaced already.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Need Major VR6 Help!! (motoman358)

Thanks for the posts. Havin the shop swap a new CTS in for me this morning. Pretty sure the dist. was put in correctly. If not it would run like that all the time not just when it's cold.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Well the blue temp sensor made it run awesome. That is until it got warm again.
Ready to give up, but can't. Dammit.
As soon as the engine runs for 5-7 minutes from cold start it is good. Once it warms up though, lookout!!! Something causes way too much fuel to be dumped into the engine. I noticed it again today. Once it starts running like sheeat, it smells of fuel tremendously! What the **** is going on????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
The only code is still the o2 and it won't clear(even though it is brand new) why not? Can something else throw an o2 code?
Please help once more.

Thanks, jeff

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Need Major VR6 Help!! (capthowdy_1968)

I don't know man, the place it is at is just tellin me that the only thing it is sayin is the o2. Are there different o2 codes? I have no VAGCOM experience.
Bein that it is a new o2, could it have gone bad already because the car has been sitting for 4 years and is just that carboned up? They traced the o2 wiring and found no flaws whatsoever.
Damn I was happy when it ran good for 5 min.
Haven't heard it run like that in a while. Now I'm jus more pd. off. One week and I am pullin it from their shop and takin it to uknowwho(yep I said it, the dealership

Modified by nidnabd at 6:18 PM 7-21-2005

Modified by nidnabd at 6:19 PM 7-21-2005

Modified by nidnabd at 6:20 PM 7-21-2005

Modified by nidnabd at 6:20 PM 7-21-2005

·
Registered
7,772 Posts

Possibly, there are codes for the sensor and for the heater. There is supposed to be relay that controls the heater, mine might be bad causing a CEL, haven't found the relay yet though.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Need Major VR6 Help!! (capthowdy_1968)

Mine is a 92 and doesn't have a CEL.
I will find out the code #'s and post em here and on Vag tommorow
Thanks for your help capthowdy_1968(what does that mean
)

Modified by nidnabd at 7:01 PM 7-21-2005

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

Check and make sure all the fuses and relays under the driver dash are inplace.. someone here has the similar problem last week and it turn out that his fuel relay was loose then everything was golden when the relay was plug back in.

Modified by CuRide at 7:03 PM 7-21-2005

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.