VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Need new coach battery for 01 EVC, what brand and where to get it? (SilverWagon)

No responses...., so, am I the first one ever to replace the coach battery?
I called around trying to find the same Trojan deep-cycle battery my van came with but no results. Even Trojan's web site was not much help. Contacted dealers (GI Joe stores) do not have it. Special order not taken. Costco carries Optima blue top ($149) but with lower specs than original battery. So......?????

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Re: Need new coach battery for 01 EVC, what brand and where to get it? (SilverWagon)

I'm about to have to replace mine, ('01) so I will be interested in this thread. I've done some preliminary measurements and it seems to be an odd size... but that's typical with everything on this van.

Az

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: Need new coach battery for 01 EVC, what brand and where to get it? (AzBarber)

The weekender takes a different aux. battery from the camper. The stock evc batt is deep cycle, the weekender is not (though it should be).
I just replaced my aux. battery with one from autozone. It is a stock SLI non-deep cycle battery, but was cheap and easy to find, and fit in the stock opening and uses the stock hold down clamp. I wanted to use a deep cycle but it seemed like too much of a hassle and I don't do that much camping anyway. The SLI battery probably won't last too many years in this deep cycle application, but that's life in the big city.. I think Optima makes one that will fit (they can be mounted in any position), but its $$$ and you need to figure out how to hold it down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts