VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of cleaning up the engine bay, making it all pretty and what not. I need ideas and suggestions on what I can do with the fuse box that normally sits across the top of the battery. I got rid of the battery box and right now the fuse box/distrib thing is just tucked between the battery and airbox, but I'll be going with a different intake system in the spring so it won't fit so snuggly there when I do. Anyways, any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated. I was thinking of puttin in a fused distribution block (like one below) just for looks, not running any big stereo or anything, but not sure if it'll work. So, yeah, just let me know if you have any ideas, suggestions, pics would be nice:) Thanks in advance.....

· Registered
202 Posts
Re: Need opinions/suggestions/ideas for fuse box..... (skizzott)

That would do good, and looks good! + it will be usefull once you di get a nice stereo system.
Just be sure to match up the fuse ratings...
They range from 110Amps for the alt down to 40Amps.
I wont recommend taking the cover of the battery unless it is hidden from water and humidity... it will just provoke corrosion and end up looking BAD amongst other things... and u wanted to get that clean look in the first place.
I know they sell very cool battery cover replacements for VW's, cool aluminum ones with logos and stuff.... just google it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.