VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to slap on a supercharger, what could I do to my 8v to prep it? It has ~100K miles, and it shoots white smoke on startup and needs a valve job. OR should I go with a swap, like a 16v (to supercharge) or a G60? I have very limited funds, so I need something easy, cheap, and affective.

· Registered
3,429 Posts
Re: need power out of my 8v or do a swap (jueve grande)

It all depends on how much you want to spend. It isn't worth adding forced induction to an engine that is already on its way out. If you are thinking supercharged, you could go with a G60 swap. For more info about swaps, you may want to post this in the swap forum for more responses http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
290 Posts
Re: need power out of my 8v or do a swap (8vGTI)

Nice looking install. Too bad Dean lives in the Northwest. I would seriously consider doing a VR6 swap into my A2, if he was mucho closer to New Mexico. By the way, if you dont mind my asking..about how much did the swap cost, including the purchase of the engine and install? I am not a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to this so I would definitely need to find a qualified, and experienced, knowledgeable person.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.