VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at some wheels for a friends car that are 18" x 7.5", et 45. Will these work on a Mk4 lowered 1.5"? I'm concerned that the higher offset may cause rubbing with the outside fender. Thanks in advance!
Pic for hits.....

· Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need quick advice!......Is a 45 offset too much? (Golf20V)

Quote, originally posted by Golf20V »
No that high an offset won't work. You'd need 10 -12mm more spacing to make it work.

Pardon my ignorance, but do you mean 10-12mm more outwards? Please explain.

· Registered
7,420 Posts
Re: Need quick advice!......Is a 45 offset too much? (C-town Driver)

Yes more outwards. With a 45 offset it is going to be closer in so tucking or touching the brakes. You will need a 12mm or 15mm adapter so that you have about a 33 offset. I.E. my stock rims had a 35 offset and my BBS's have a 32 and are perfectly flush.

· Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Need quick advice!......Is a 45 offset too much? (RavinJetta)

Quote, originally posted by RavinJetta »
Yes more outwards. With a 45 offset it is going to be closer in so tucking or touching the brakes. You will need a 12mm or 15mm adapter so that you have about a 33 offset. I.E. my stock rims had a 35 offset and my BBS's have a 32 and are perfectly flush.

Hmmm, I always thought that offest was positive?? So that a wheels with 30et was sticking 30mm out from the hub. So these wheels, at 45et would be sticking out 45mm from the hub, and therefore closer to the fender lip?

· Registered
719 Posts
The lower the number (I.E. Et30) will push the wheel closer to the fender while a higher number, Et45, will bring the wheel more into the wheel well closer to the strut. With a higher offset you run the risk of rubbing on the suspension and inner wheel well, while an offset that is to low will run the risk of rubbing on the outer fneder. Look for something in the ET30-38 for best results IMO.
To use the wheel above with the +45 offset you will need to run some spacers. I would look into something in the area of a 10-12mm spacer, as already mentioned.

Modified by Dr. James at 4:52 AM 1-18-2004

Modified by Dr. James at 4:53 AM 1-18-2004

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.