VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped the RCD-310 stereo on my 2013 Tiguan a few years back for a genuine VW RCD-510, and neglected to get the security code for the 310. Now, after it sitting in my garage for years, I want to sell it, but I cannot do it without providing the security code.
Dealership says they can only do it using a scanner, and the old head unit has to be plugged in (I am not going to do this).
Does anyone know any other ways this can be done? I read on the forum that the dealership can just punch in my VIN and it will automatically give the code for the cars original stereo, but they say they can't do it.

Appreciated your input. Happy new year.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dealer used to give out the code if you provided proof of ownership but not anymore. Now they will code the radio if installed in the car for $125 but they will not give you the code.

Best bet is to use one of the multiple online services for radio codes. Ebay has some you just send them the radio serial number and you'll get an email with the code.

Sent from my Nokia 3.4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer used to give out the code if you provided proof of ownership but not anymore. Now they will code the radio if installed in the car for $125 but they will not give you the code.

Best bet is to use one of the multiple online services for radio codes. Ebay has some you just send them the radio serial number and you'll get an email with the code.

Wow I had no idea there were those kind of services! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
'11 GOV/AJ TDI 6MT
337 Posts
I used one of these services last year for an RNS-315 security code. Use the least expensive with a decent feedback history. Worked perfectly. --g

Reactions: PAPA_G

·
Registered
6 Posts

(y)Thanks a lot for this post, before reading this post I had no idea about such services.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts