VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm as we speak deleting my A/C and I've removed all of the lines and I have a plate coming that covers the hole in the firewall. I'm stuck at removing the compressor. I've heard that you have to get a different bracket and extend the pulley on the alternator by 10-13mm and get a long belt. Is this true and if so how hard will it be to source the parts?

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Re: Need some A/C help. (SchweetMk2)

Might want to search in here. there were a couple of good threads on it but i dont remeber the exact titles.
Yes you need a different bracket, different alt pulley and the belt listed in your manual for a non ac car. (You dont have to change the water pump pulley)
The best thing would be to find a non AC car at a wrecker. Maybe post a WTB ad in the classifieds.

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
Re: Need some A/C help. (SchweetMk2)

lotsa info, but if you get the correct matching pulleys from a car with no a/c, you just move the alternator down to where the ac bracke used to go, and rock on with life.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,. I went to the yard today and found a 84 gti with no A/C so I took everthing including bracketry and the alternator.. So I hope it works

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.