VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am going to try something. I have decided to have a go at making a custom bumber for my 92 passat. Now, I need some idea's for a custom bumper that would look really good, but not go to the rice side of things.
Unfortunately, I will have to do it out of fiberglass (or maybe carbon fibre depending on how much I want to spend) but that is the only thing that I have experience working with, and urethane is out of the question, as I would not be able to make the actual bumpers myself.
Now here is where you guys come in. Give me pics of the best bumpers, and how you would modify them.
I think currently, we are looking at round fog lights, but I don't know what they look like, so that may change to the good ol' corrado style.

Really any designs are feasable, so give me your idea's.
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Need Some Advice on a Design. (DeathHawk)

Oh, you B4 guys can add some opinions too.. I *may* get around to making a B4 one as well

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Re: Need Some Advice on a Design. (DeathHawk)

I'm too lazy to get pics, but I like the regier RS style bumber the most out of all after market. Thing is, if you don't do the rest of the car with sport side runners and rear valence, it sicks out looking weird.
If I could I would just take the B4 bumber, get rid of the reflecters and fogs, and maybe relocate the foglight lower down somewhere. Hmm maybe I'll open up photo shop now...!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Need Some Advice on a Design. (Action Jackson)

Ok, I think I have a design I like, so I took it and grafted it onto a b3 pic. I know my photoshop skills suck, so bare with me...

What do you think
. (and yes I know I stole the design from another car, but it's in the same family so meh.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts