VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the local Vallue Village, getting into my car, when this guy starts waiving for me to hold on a sec. He goes to turn his car around to talk to me, but almost hits my car and stalls it when he hits the brakes.
Then he rolls down his window (while I power mine down), and I notice he's got a shaved head and he's wearing a white wife-beater. He says to me in a thick Mexican accent (yes, Mexican, not Spanish. He sounds like Cheech), "Hey, man, what kind of car is that?" So I tell him, and he asks me if I know anyone who wants to buy his '86 Mustang (the rattle-canned gem hes' riding in). I tell him that no one comes to mind, but then he asks me if I want to trade. Yes, for my Corrado!
Riiiiight...the thing isn't even a 5.0. I thought he was joking at first, but then I realized that he appeared quite serious. I take a quick look around to make sure no one else is approching my car and then tell him, "It's tempting, but no thanks".
Then he asks me if I have a "system". I tell him no because the dealer stole it (he probably thought I meant drug dealer...which might not be too far off). So he asks me if I want to buy the one he has and he points in the direction of either the dash or his floor (I couldn't tell). I tell him no because I get better gas mileage without one. Too much weight, you know.
Finally he just says, "Nice car, man" and drives off.
Almost coulda got me a Mustang. I'm just not sure I want any tang if it's musty.

· Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need some advice! Should I trade... (Cheshire_Cat)

Here's some pics to help draw a fair comparison. I didn't have one of his actual car, so I went ahead and simulated it in photoshop.
This:

For this:

Modified by Cheshire_Cat at 4:40 PM 1-13-2004

· Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Need some advice! Should I trade... (Syonara_G60Style)

Quote, originally posted by Syonara_G60Style »
Looks like a fair trade to me....I think you missed out

Well, I do have a cracked bumper...

· Registered
8,174 Posts

ahh damm...i can't believe you let a deal like that sip away. i would have done it hahahaha... but the fuy thing is in the long run you'd actually save money that's the funny part hahaha

· Registered
3,811 Posts
Re: Need some advice! Should I trade... (vdubCorrado)

Quote, originally posted by vdubCorrado »
but the fuy thing is in the long run you'd actually save money that's the funny part hahaha

yeah save money or have to buy a brand new car when the mustang disolves from all the rust

· Registered
7,463 Posts
Re: Need some advice! Should I trade... (Golf8VTurbo25)

Did you think he was feeling you out like a theif? I would have been busting out my Ruko just incase I had to regulate, I would be paranoid right about now

· Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Need some advice! Should I trade... (1967ghia)

Quote, originally posted by 1967ghia »
Did you think he was feeling you out like a theif? I would have been busting out my Ruko just incase I had to regulate, I would be paranoid right about now

Actually I did start thinking that. If he had acted like it was a joke when he asked to trade, I probably wouldn't have thought so, but it definitely felt like something was up, especially once he started asking about my stereo.
Anyway, yeah, that's why I ended up taking a look around the car. It suddenly occurred to me that he might be distracting me on purpose. I hate being paranoid, but it just felt kinda odd.

· Registered
7,463 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Cheshire_Cat »

but it definitely felt like something was up, especially once he started asking about my stereo.

That's what I was talking about, who cares what kinda stereo anyone has I would wanna know about the motor. You don't wanna steal a car with a great stereo that can't out run the cops right

· Registered
8,174 Posts
Re: (LordJax)

Quote, originally posted by LordJax »
Hence the need for a telescoping-baton under the front seat of every raddo. I swear I will push to have that law past in every state

just tell the fuzz you use it to check the inflation on your tires haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.