VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I checked out everything I need to know bout turboing my G60 and Im now trying to get ideas for keeping it a superchager but with the BBM screw kit. Anyone have and ideas of what I can do to the motor to get it up to 300hp or really close to it. Im checking out my options of what to do turbo/supercharger. Im already gonna get a 3angle valve job, new lifters, valves, valves springs, port n polish, what can I do to the block and what other addons can I get?
thanks

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Re: Need some advice.... (Dub-Lip)

for that goal to the wheels you will need more than 8v and a fueling system that can handle supporting 440cc inj or bigger
booth can do it but it will cost$$$ as for the bottom end ARP fasteners
and Forged pistons.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Re: Need some advice.... (REPOMAN)

an act of god......
jk, jbetz's 20v lysholm is at 260 or whp.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: Need some advice.... (psykokid)

spray works but i'd have some nice forged slugs and arp studs and a real setup (not a basic kit) for safety.
you're driveline will probably be hating life if you spray. i saw 306wft/lbs @2800rpm with a 40 wet shot. Shot's are kinda rated at peak whp so if you think about the amount of oxygen and fuel at lower rpm's makes a shot much larger.
+40hp @ 6000 shot != +40hp @2800rpm good stuff for someone with a death wish on their transmission/axles/etc. repoman should try it, he's got the beef in the drivetrain to handle it. small 50 shot would probably bite off 1 second off the 1/4 mile and give you 8-10mph. Cools that hot boost charge by fuel and nitrous so double benefits thurr.

·
Registered
19,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Need some advice.... (psykokid)

See the reason I want to hit 300 is because so many ppl out there are hittin 260hp with turbo kits and my buddy got the apr kit with a couple extras for his corrado and he was at 230whp. Thats why with a few more mods I think I could hit 300hp. one thing for sure is Im never going to spray. I saw this one civic do it from the start on the berlin trnpike and all i heard and saw behind the car was gears and misc chunks of metal falling from where the tranny used to be.....
id love to drop in a vr6 but i just do have the money for one and with a g60 motor with 79k in my garage that i bought for $100 i wanna get what i can out of it, its gonna be a whole fall-winter project so im startin to research now

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Re: Need some advice.... (Dub-Lip)

"my buddy got the apr kit with a couple extras for his corrado and he was at 230whp. "
which BTW 190-230 is the same amout of power as
smallblock V8
the only way he had this much power was he had it ALL. on 8v
the easiest way to the 300whp is going to be VRT.
the limiting factor is the amout of CFM you can flow and the amout of
Fuel you can provide the motor. both cost $$$$
it is going to be tough w/ the 8v hyd if not impossible. why? RPM
limitation. same goes for the G Charger Why? RPM limitation and lack
of CFM. if you spend a few days reading in the search option on FI
setups in the G60 forum and FI forum you will start to see what it
takes and what is realalistic.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Re: Need some advice.... (Strictly Gravy)

Quote, originally posted by Strictly Gravy »
an act of god......
jk, jbetz's 20v lysholm is at 260 or whp.

Actually the 16v was 260 whp
the 20v is 282 whp so far and that was last year

1 - 10 of 10 Posts