VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im new to the volkswagen world and I have a 2005 gti. I was seeing if I could get some help on how to expirement with my car and turn my boost up. My car is just stock at the moment and wanted to see what a safe psi would be to turn it up to an run on my car as stock? And what my car is running at stock psi?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Re: Need some guidance....new be owner (ubberdubbin05)

Quote, originally posted by ubberdubbin05 »
Haha yeah man at some point. I got no money right now and I just was trying to **** around with it for the weekend....
meh I don't know but I'd just wait...you could go somewhere maybe and get a free flash though

·
Banned
4,379 Posts
Re: Need some guidance....new be owner (pop&lock)

there is no safe way to turn up the boost without software. you can't get a free flash, but you can get a free trial, it only last's like 6 hours or something like that. then you will find the money to get it done. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Re: Need some guidance....new be owner (ubberdubbin05)

If you're new to VW's, there really isn't anything you're going to be able to do to 'up the boost' without putting your engine in grave danger.
Go to your local speed shop and get a test flash. I believe it only lasts a few hours, but you can try out all the different versions to see which one you like the best, and it isn't nearly as dangerous and trying to do driveway tinkering without prior experience.
Just my .02. Check out the 1.8T technical forums you might be able to find some of their tricks of the trade to apply for more butt horsepower in the meantime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.