VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im doing a 16v swap in my rabbit, i bought the engine disassembled so now im assembling it together, i just need some help with the wiring, if u guys help me out by telling me which is for wat, or wat i dont need , id really apreciate it guys.
i also dont know wat these brackets are for, anyone know? or does it even belong to the engine?
here are the pics
thats the car, i couldnt snap anymore pics, the battery died

i hope u guys can help me out with this,
i know the wiring beside the ecu are for the knock box and ignition module, but the rest is a bit confusing, i also know that the thick black wire is for the knock sensor
EDIT: i forgot to mention the wiring is from a 87 16v rocco, it says jetronic on the ecu

Modified by marat_g60 at 1:54 AM 8-10-2004

·
Registered
563 Posts
Re: need some help figuring out wiring, brackets (marat_g60)

in the bracket pic...the six across the top look like the ones that go on your drive shafts. they go on and then the drive shaft bolts go though them ....the drive shaft....then your tranny flang.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: need some help figuring out wiring, brackets (veedubin6)

thanks man, then ill check carefully when i take mine out of the rabbit, to make sure they go back correctly....
what about the wiring guys? none of u can help me????
cmonnn

·
Registered
20,933 Posts

in this pic below...do you see the three plugs on the right. There are two white ones and one black one. Of the two white ones there is one with a red and two black wires. Those two black wires are actually connected and they needed a switched 12Vs to power up the ECU.

There are many other wires that you WON'T even use. you won't use the other two plugs that I mentioned above just to name a few. Just make sure that all your important accessories like the TB, iSV, Fuel Dizzy, Ignition module, knock sensor, o2 sensor and other important things are plugged up.
Good luck,
Jason

·
Registered
639 Posts

that is the one car I have no wireing diagrams on sorry

Modified by keinreis at 9:25 PM 8-10-2004

·
Registered
138 Posts

Nice car! Looks like my '84 baby. Most fun car I've owned.
The wiring looks like the wires that are conneted to the driver's side of the head namely the Thermo time switch and the two oil temp switches and the water temp switch. I think the large black plug is either for the distributor or the ISV (idler stablizer valve). Take a look at the head and most of the plugs only fit specific location.
That car is going to go like stink.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Switched Power To 16v ECU

Hi Jason,

This is an old post so the pictures are not loading. I assume that the switched power needs to be run to the double black wires in the white plug with the red wire, just wanted to confirm in the attached picture. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts