VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to VAG-COM micro-can and dont want to mess with it more and get more codes. I have a Audi A3 2.0T 08.5 TSI. I have a left dipped headlight dued to my HID's that i've installed. I did the 35wtt ballast w/canbus so I dont blow my wiper module...No relays in but was wondering will that fix it? As for the ABS light, I checked it on VAG and this is what came up in ABS fault codes.(2 errors) I've tried clearing codes but keeps popping back on. What is my problem and how can I fix it?
COMPONENT-ESP FRONT MK60 0101
FAULT CODES
-01486-SYSTEM FUNCTION TEST ACTIVATE
000- -
-01309-POWER STEERING CONTROL MODULE (J500)
008-IMPLAUSIBLE SIGNAL

· Registered
5,805 Posts
Re: Need some HELP...left dipped headlight and ABS light is ON (dnaks)

You DID write down the codes BEFORE you started messin' with them, so you can return to where you started... -right???
Personally I take screenshots of the old codes and paste them into a word document in the background as I go, so that I don't run the risk of misreading my own writing, or missing a zero or whatever...
Get back to the start, change one thing at a time, and no, the canbus canceler doesn't protect your wiper motor.
Keith

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Need some HELP...left dipped headlight and ABS light is ON (VWAddict)

OK...I'll check it out again and not mess w/anything. And that SUCKS to know that im still not protected w/the can-bus. Thanks VWAddict for your response.

· Registered
5,805 Posts
FV-QR

CAN bus module is supposed to trick the canbus out of flickering... the ground-leak current (which is currently under suspicion for causing wiper module failure) will still happen.

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: FV-QR (VWAddict)

Nevermind...the headlights works now dued to improper wiring. I went in and reconnect all wires. OK...now only the ABS light stays on and every so often the traction control lights starts blinking...Ugh! Thx vW!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.