VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a used Rockford Fosgate HU and changer the other day and for some reason I can't get it or the changer to eject the cd i have in the HU or the magazine from the changer.
Also, while the cd that is stuck in there is playing, the sound gradually gets more static and distorted as the cd plays on. It was playing fine at first but now sounds like a radio station with bad reception.
Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be causing these symptoms?
I used a wiring harness adapter the crimped to the wiring coming from the HU and then the OEM harness' plugged into the other end. All the wires are crimped tight and the fuses are all good. I checked the manual that goes with the HU and it stated that if the disc didnt eject then to check the "yellow wire". I checked it out and the connections all seemed tight and the in-line fuse was still good. So i don't know what else to do besides take it to an installer and have them check it out.
Any help would be appreciated.

Modified by BillabongSLC at 4:37 PM 2-12-2004

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Re: Need some help with recent Fosgate HU problems after install. (BillabongSLC)

all but 1 of the RF decks suck major balls and have a ton of problems
trust me, this won't be the first problem you have
check to make sure the constant 12 volt wire is properly hooked up. i'm not really sure what else could cause the problems you are having.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Need some help with recent Fosgate HU problems after install. (2.ohh)

Why would you bash RF HUs ? Have you used them ? Should I say the same thing about my eclipse 8 series HU because I had to have it repaired once ? Come on....
Anywho... Let us know which model HU you have... What happens when you just play cd in your HU ? Do you still get static ?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Re: Need some help with recent Fosgate HU problems after install. (crazyravr)

Quote, originally posted by crazyravr »
Why would you bash RF HUs ? Have you used them ? Should I say the same thing about my eclipse 8 series HU because I had to have it repaired once ? Come on....
Anywho... Let us know which model HU you have... What happens when you just play cd in your HU ? Do you still get static ?

gee, i dunno, probably cause my buddy's shop sold them in his shop for 6 months, and they had sooooooooo many issues that they just sent all them back to RF and told them to keep them. all but the unit made by denon are made by delco, ya know the company that makes stuff for GM. they are stock HU quality, and have serious issues with humidity and cold. not to mention poor quality control out of delco. the denon unit, known as the denonford is a sweet SQ headunit, and is being closed out. they are available on sounddomain for about $350 for a unit that retailed around $1200. so yeah, when i say the RF units suck, i am speaking from experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts