VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Love this forum and glad to be a new member. I am currently on my second stint as a Rocco owner. Feels so good to own one again. I am completely rebuilding this one. A couple questions and I’m sure they have been asked already. Recommendations on new coil overs and exhaust system? I prefer the low throaty sound. Now the big question. My motor has been bored out to a 2.0 liter. I have oversized cams that I will be installing. With that said, do I need to do anything to the fuel injection? With oversized cams adding air I assume I need to add more fuel. Do I get bigger injectors? Maybe a performance chip? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
What engine do you have? You say cams, so I suspect a 16V. Scirocco's had some type of CIS so you may want to study how that fuel system works because the injectors are there just to atomize the fuel, not to meter the amount of fuel.

I believe the system is over built enough to handle cams and exhaust modifications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 16v CIS injection system. I acquired the car in the shape it’s in now. Motor already bored out with the new cams sitting in front seat ready to be installed. I will be attempting to do the work installing cams. I’m very hesitant because I am a motorcycle mechanic and have never worked on a car. I know they are similar and also very different. I’ve done all the research I can online and just haven’t found any definitive answers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My thoughts

Before you start the work get a Bentley Manual.

The CIS-e fuel injection system on the 88 16V can handle you can do the motor for upgrades until you change intake methods ie. turbo, ITB's etc. Which is good since CIS-e has no chip enhancements, the closest you can get is a WOT fuel enrichment module that turns on the cold start injector when the throttle is wide open and activates the said switch on the TB. So depending on the Cams you are fine the CIS-e, if think you need more then you will to change to something like Megasquirt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.