VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the thing, before I had two bigger lights where the outside two are with no bar across the middle and no inside lights. I got these four somewhat smaller ones for free and they were new in the box, the other ones were old looking and ugly. So I put all four of the new ones on and used a L shaped piece of steel to bridge the gap inbetween the little tabs (probably won't make sense without looking at pics).
Now that thing is I don't like how the black bar going across the bottom looks, but like that its L shaped and covers the ugly bolts from the lights. Any ideas what I could do? Repaint another color maybe? IDK. I thought about using polished aluminum instead but I think that might be too distracting.
On to pictures

Old setup (covers off, looks good with covers, goofy without)

New setup

· Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Need some ideas for my new light bar (MrWideTires)

I'm in the air with my opinion on tube bumpers, never really seen any I liked except prerunner ones.
Quote, originally posted by MrWideTires »
I'm guessing you like Fords.. a lot?

I like fords, you like "stig jr" front license plates

My dad needed a truck, and we got the 150 for like 28k while sticker was like 41k in 06.
I plan on getting a toy (small boat or atv idk yet) that will require trailering and I fish a lot so a truck was a good 1st car for me. I didn't want a fullsize with crappy MPG and the Ranger is the only small truck I like so we picked that one up used.
Focus is moms car, long story but we got a lot of stuff for free for it which is why it has those IMO ugly wheels and a good amount of other stuff. She had a 1.8t before, but it lost. Bigtime. Yes, 1.8t CAN loose

back on topic

· Registered
7,998 Posts
Re: Need some ideas for my new light bar (sideways89)

Hm... it looks pretty neat to me. I'd just grind the front of the L so that it's edges match the "upcurve" in the truck's bumper, and maybe cut the outer bolts down so that they stay hidden if needs be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.