VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm jumpin ship from my audi to a VR6 (should have done this to begin with!!) The car has 75K on the clock...anything I should look for or listen for if I take it for a drive??? Anything important I should know ??? The goin price is 7500 (roughly). Any help would be great...just send me a PM so i see it when I sign in.
thanks in advance!

Modified by GlfSprtCT1 at 10:39 PM 7-1-2003

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
Re: Need some pointers!!! (GlfSprtCT1)

I wouldn't mind knowing too since I'm set on buying a GTI VR6 DE on Saturday

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Need some pointers!!! (ZoomBoy)

just know that at 80,000 miles, it seems like a lot seems to go........ make sure it has a new coil pack, plug wires, see if the window regulators have been changed, any recent brake work, timing belts, and if the sunroof works.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
That isn't a bad price (IMO) & low miles (A buddy of mine traded in a 97 VR and now the dealer is asking $12,833 for it with the 75K on the odo). Does it have any service records? If you are buying at a dealer ask them to run a CarFax. Just crawl all over it, point out any dings, dents or anything you think looks wrong, and get them to lower the price, I did that when I bought my 96, they lowered the price 1K.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (SmartAssRacingTeam)

Thanks...I'll get on it. FYI it's at a well known local VW dealership so I'm guessing they checked everything, but good to know anyways!!!

Keep the advice coming!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts