VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, My car is now over 65,000mi for about 2yrs and I thought it might be a good idea to get my car tuned. I've got some issues here and there and am looking for some direction in my car's life. Where should I go to get a Mk4 VW VR6 SC tuned?

· Banned
1,245 Posts
Re: Need some professional tuning done...in GA (dragonfli_x)

if you do not have an aftermarket computer then there is not that much you can do. You can play with the fuel pressure but other than that you are at the hands of the chip tuner!

· Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need some professional tuning done...in GA (vedubin01)

oh... yeah... I was looking more along the lines of a place to get chain checked and replaced, help fix an oil pan leak, fix anything that might cause my spark plugs to be kinda oily and try to attemp to fix oil blow-by that forces me to replace my MAF ever so often. Check for compression leaks from the SC and just a basic maintenance for my car.
Also need to replace my brake fluid and maybe tranny fluid
get a clutch and flywheel installed... blah blah blah... no one in Macon will touch my car because they don't know anything about it... and leads?

· Banned
1,245 Posts
Re: Need some professional tuning done...in GA (dragonfli_x)

That is all stuff you can do. As far as blow by, take that tube and dump it out into the open or a catch can. Problem fixed. As far as the chain just replace the tensioner and your good. Pan can be done in minutes and same with the brakes if you have someone to help you push the brake petal. If you need anything or help ask, but save yourself money and enjoy working on your car for a day. Or a 12 pack and enjoy having friends come over and help.

· Registered
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Need some professional tuning done...in GA (12v_Dub)

agreed... I'm just not as knowledgeable with all this than you guys are... hell the only thing I have for bragging rights is all done on this VW... nothing else.
so I'm gonna need some help if guys can visit me... just need to find parts to get all this done... I will provide pizza and beverages if anyone is up for a little car fun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.