VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own two buildings that has a parking lot that ends in an even blander building. Since I closed my business I have an empty parking lot, but I'm keeping the buildings for my car hobby. I've had a few customers over time that have been able to commission public art and I'd like to do my part to make life a little more interesting. We've commissioned a number of works of art, but this is our first for exhibition outside our home.

I have most of my ducks in a row, so to speak. The owner of that building is totally on board. The artist http://www.scotthartleywatercolors.com has been gracious enough to allow the use of his work. The Township Supervisor has officially blessed the project. I've talked to a number of artists, but none of them have the means to project a fairly sharp image on an area 23-feet tall by 50-feet wide.

When you Google "projector" there's a lot of technical data, but I need to know what to look for. Where does one rent stuff like that? I haven't been an AV nerd in 50 years.

The area will be fenced-off as I know someone would surely drive into the building, a la Whil E Coyote and ACME products.

I had thought about digitally printing panels, but that's probably out of reach.

The drab building.

The art.

The photoshop, care of Air and Water do mix.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I would think that the artist would be the one if not doing the job then overseeing it at a bare minimum. Don't they make panels or sections for jobs like this. Do it in a grid pattern?

*I'm actually currently in talks with a local property owner and a painter friend to do a wall as well. 120' long :eek:

I'll post up info as it comes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts