VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I'm looking for. I want to keep ground clearance as I have to drive in the snow sometimes, so no more than 1 inch of drop. This probably rules out something like a cup kit. Also I'd prefer to keep the ride fairly soft. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Re: Need suspension upgrade suggestions. Please help! (Mikemaster)

Mikemaster, the H&R Sport/Bilstein Sport combination works very well on the Mk2 Jetta. I ran this combo for a while on my Jetta, good ride, much improved handling characteristics over stock, drop is about 1.25". You'll note that I am in Baltimore, no problems in the snow with this combination. I would highly recommend this setup. The pic in my signature was taken with this setup in place.

Modified by RiskMan at 9:00 PM 5-10-2003

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Need suspension upgrade suggestions. Please help! (RiskMan)

Riskman, that is about what I am looking for. Do you remember where you got your setup and how much it ran you. Thanks again, Mike

·
Registered
1,629 Posts

Mikemaster, the Bilsteins came from Parts4VW's http://www.parts4vws.com, the H&R's came from from Tire Rack, who price matched another quote I had gotten. Total for the setup was $590 new. This setup is currently sitting in my shed (I'm running FK Konigsport adjustable coilovers for autox). One other guy from MD is interested in it, but if he decides against it and you are interested....

·
Registered
3,625 Posts

Yup, you want neuspeed softsports.. 1" drop, and they handle really well. they dont ride rough either. they may be hard to get your hands on though... if you cant find any, try a set of Eibach springs... i had a set of there 1.5" and it was great...
good luck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.