VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NAPA catalogue shows 5 parts that may fit the carb from my 1933 Continental. The problem is that they can't give me physical dimensions of the part unless I order and buy them. Our local NAPA store says there's no way of getting the info short of buying the parts.:what:

Does anyone have the means to find out these dimensions?

It's the rubber accelerator pump cup that I need.

These are the NAPA/ECHLIN numbers:

CRB 24291

CRB 24008

CRB 24484

CRB 24296

CRB 24297

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
i am making some calls trying to track down our local echlin rep to see if he can help you out Barry. Sadly they do not provide the stores with this info, but he should have a tech line to call and at least ask about these part numbers.

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
hopefully i can get in touch with him before the end of today. otherwise i'm sure it will be at least tuesday...

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
Looks like Echlin's tech is the end of the road for information on my side. I'm sure they are just computer based tech support now and can only get into what it says. They said they are not provided with that information and everything is going by a carb list number. I don't know what kind of relationship with your local Napa you have, but you might be able to get them to order all of them and agree to return the ones you don't end up using, or get your local store owner to raise some hell. :laugh: Even that idea kind of sucks though.

Echlin-Product Assistance 800-732-4832

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
no problem. i'll see what my emails turn up after the weekend and will let you know if i hear anything.

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
40,355 Posts
FV-QR

Pardon my knowledge, but don't most carb kits come with an array of parts to cover different variations? I realize that this is a fairly old and possibly unique application though.

I've only done a handfull myself (Rochester, Holley, Solex, Carter) and most of the Napa kits had plenty of extra parts.

·
Registered
18,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pardon my knowledge, but don't most carb kits come with an array of parts to cover different variations? I realize that this is a fairly old and possibly unique application though.

I've only done a handfull myself (Rochester, Holley, Solex, Carter) and most of the Napa kits had plenty of extra parts.
Extra gaskets, yes, but I've rarely seen extras of that part. The Holley part is .750 in diameter and I need something more like .640. The barrel it glides in measures .620.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts