VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I bought a set of bilstein sports off a vortexer about 2 yrs ago and they are now failing badly. I know bilstein offers a lifetime warranty but the person who sold them to me no longer responds to my emails. And what I dont get is that he a stand up guy and a knowledgeable VW person. The point is, I'm SOL and need suspension components. If anyone is selling any Bilsteins or Konis that will work on my 92 SLC w/my Neuspeed Sport springs, please let me know ASAP. post here or mail me at [email protected]
Also looking for a stock SLC exhaust and turn 2 motor mounts.
thank you...

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Need these parts ASAP! (DarkSideDub)

Hey DarksideDubSmartass: I am one of the last of the old school vortex/CCA members, and I have a wealth of VW information you would probably find very helpfull at some point. So...here's a tip for you: Be useful or don't open your mouth.

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Need these parts ASAP! (DarkSideDub)

hey Chris have you been able to ride your RR this season? I busted out the fizzer400 last weekend...felt good. still a fair amount of sand on the roads around here.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Re: Need these parts ASAP! (Dan92SLC)

Dan,
I wouldn't worry too much. Shine Racing may just be nice and warranty them for you without the receipt. Ask them. This is the crux of buying used stuff. It's cheaper than new, but it's used. Therefore no warranty. Sometimes if you're really nice and the seller still has the receipt and doesn't mind dealing with the hassle, you might be able to get them warrantied. Be polite and nice, you may get what you need.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

I'm the "unresponsive" vortexer for not responding to your last email, I count 1 email in an inbox filled with more than 1200 unread that I did not respond to...
I tried e-mailing you a scan of the receipt twice, and again yesterday, it bounces each time due to unavailable space on your mail server and it is under 200k in size. Tried a 5k mini scan, and it bounced, too. It was also previously faxed to your work fax number you provided, which you did not receive.
See, all you Niko and Robert haters were right, we were scamming all along...for those of you that know my schedule, you get the reference in that statement.
Edit: Send me an e-mail address that doesn't bounce and I will email you the scan. End Edit.
-Robert

[Modified by SLCVR6, 8:20 AM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Re: Need these parts ASAP! (SLCVR6)

yup, robert is def. a stand up guy. at least you didn't call him out and point fingers and cuss like that last penisless wonder.
anyway, Dan92SLC, Bilstein may rebuild your struts under some sort of "one time" deal. the deal is that once you send it to them to rebuild, without a warranty, or proof of purchase, they will offer to fix them, BUT you may never send them back again. a toronto friend here ([email protected]) bought the same set of struts off a friend who's car came with them at the time of purchase. both parties knew of the leaky/blown struts, but neither had an idea, so they called up bilstein, and that's the deal they got.
its better than nothing...

-danny

·
Registered
20,452 Posts

hey dan you still have the rado sweet. i remember you were contemplating selling it. you gonna be at dyno day? i got something up my sleeve if i get it in in time. and i just got my bilstein sports warantied last month, there are monsters. less then a week turn around time. took me 4 months though to get the damn receipt from eipEFsMEinTHEass tuning. they never sent me one with purchase.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.