VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year ago I received (for free) a 95 Cabrio. The interior is totally shot. This is my daily driver for work. I am down to one working seat. I need 2 front seats, a rear seat and new carpeting. That's on top of replacing ripped top. I currently have a bad o2 sensor and need to replace it. The best price I have been able to find is $150 for the O2 sensor. Are there any places to find a cheaper one? I love this car and want to fix it up. I was very impressed with it when I got it. The engine is solid. I drive it very hard every day, and it never gives up. I am very impressed with German engineering.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than dealer? Car also ha ... (mwilsonss)

VWLIPPY is parting out his ride, check out hte other threads

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than dealer? Car also ha ... (nana)

Wrong bodystyle. Carpet won't fit
Quote, originally posted by nana »
VWLIPPY is parting out his ride, check out hte other threads

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than dealer? Car also ha ... (protzler)

a 95 cabrio is basically a topless golf/jettaIII, therefore pretty much all the stuff you need can be sourced by looking for the golfIII part.
suggest that you wander over to the classifieds section of the the golfIII and take a look around. theres always a ton of stuff for sale there, plus you can post a WTB for some of the less usual items such as the carpet.
for the 02 sensor you shoudl check which one you need, i know for 1997 and up theres a bank1 (front) and bank2 (rear) sensor but not sure about the 94-96 cars. usually its the front that is shot and you can get the OEM sensor at vwparts.com for $98. theres probably other places for even less.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than dealer? Car also ha ... (dino01)

are the back seats of the Cabrio the same?
I guess they are, I'm not sure.
since it's a daily driver don't go for
race type seats they probably won't be as
comfy as you want. but definitly look for MKIII classifieds.
you can also just buy carpet outright, someone just did it....
I forget the website but the carpet kits looked ok.

·
Registered
12,154 Posts
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than dealer? Car also ha ... (exboy99)

no the back seats are different, just gota look around, once and a while a cabrio interior pops up,
you are looking for 94 to 2002 cabrio back seat,
the carpet is the same from a golf, and the front seats you need only come in cabrios and GTi's

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than dealer? Car also ha ... (mwilsonss)

jbugs.com, you can buy new carpet, I paid like $85 for it and its nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for posting all the great advice, and the great links. I cannot believe I can replace the top for $150. I still need to find some seats though. The seats are trashed. I should actually post some pics of the interior of this car. It is absolutley trashed. My mother bought the car for my sister-inlaw because she felt sorry for her. She then totally trashed it. When she was thru with it she gave it back to my Mom. My mother did not have any use for it, that's how I inherited my daily driver. My first impression was thtat it was a total POS. I was wrong. This car is solid. Your tips are helping to restore this thing from the dead.

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than de ... (denised531)

Quote, originally posted by denised531 »
jbugs.com, you can buy new carpet, I paid like $85 for it and its nice http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

His is a 95 and thier carpet stops @ 1993

·
Registered
451 Posts
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than de ... (DaddyOfPayton)

I have all 4 seats from my 99. They are beige. They are in excellent condition, have airbags/heat. Let me know if you are interested.
Krissi
99 Oettinger Cabrio SC
04 Toyota Scion "Scifly"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than de ... (vduubgirl)

I am definitely interested, email a price
You said four seats, my cab only has two fronts and one rear?
Are you counting the back as two
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Re: Need to replace carpet in 95 Cab, any suggestions other than de ... (mwilsonss)

Quote, originally posted by mwilsonss »
Are you counting the back as two

Two seats, 1 cushion

·
Registered
48 Posts

Well you can do a few things. I took an upholstry class at my local community college. You can do it yourself saying you are a student. I understand you can mail order the interior, carpets etc. Or you can go to a pick a part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts