VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Which would you sell?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I are both working from home full-time now and downsizing to one car. I’m sure depending on the forum section it’ll sway one way or the other, but thought I’d get opinions here.

The GTI is a ‘17 MK7 Autobahn and the A3 is a ‘18 2.0T w/ sport pkg. Both cars have just over 20K miles. GTI we own outright, A3 is up for lease buyout.

These two platforms are obviously related performance-wise, and we really like both cars. They have different pros for us.

GTI is actually more practical as a hatchback for loading stuff, bit more headroom in the rear seats, and looks terrific in white. It’s also my wife’s car, so she’s partial :D

Where the GTI feels more sporty, the A3 feels more refined and stable. It has a quieter cabin, better interior, and perhaps most importantly for us living in the Northeast - AWD.

“Keep both” is something we’ve decided against, so no easy way out there. So which would you hang onto, and which would you let go of? Would love to hear why as well, might be something I hadn’t thought of.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My wife and I are both working from home full-time now and downsizing to one car. I’m sure depending on the forum section it’ll sway one way or the other, but thought I’d get opinions here.

The GTI is a ‘17 MK7 Autobahn and the A3 is a ‘18 2.0T w/ sport pkg. Both cars have just over 20K miles. GTI we own outright, A3 is up for lease buyout.

These two platforms are obviously related performance-wise, and we really like both cars. They have different pros for us.

GTI is actually more practical as a hatchback for loading stuff, bit more headroom in the rear seats, and looks terrific in white. It’s also my wife’s car, so she’s partial :D

Where the GTI feels more sporty, the A3 feels more refined and stable. It has a quieter cabin, better interior, and perhaps most importantly for us living in the Northeast - AWD.

“Keep both” is something we’ve decided against, so no easy way out there. So which would you hang onto, and which would you let go of? Would love to hear why as well, might be something I hadn’t thought of.
Gotta go with what makes your wife happier. You know the drill . . . lol.
If you keep the GTI, you could run winter specific wheels/tires and do pretty well in the snow.
However, those same winter specific wheels/tires on the A3, and you will do much better in the snow; maybe that perspective could sway her opinion.

Reactions: Kiyokix
1 - 3 of 3 Posts