VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting new wheels and tires I got an alignment done and all my car checks out except the left rear wheel, the TOE is in about .52 degrees... .02-.19 normal

Well it's created a horrible wobble for all sets of wheels and tires vie had and cupping on the rear, no matter the spacer wheel, tire combo.

I had trashed the rear beam once and had my insurance replace it and I think they put a used one in and just never noticed it. I'm wondering of other ways besides rear beam replacement again to fix the problem. Would shimming the front 2 bolts do it? I've even thought about trying to just replace the bearings and spindles also. Or is shiming it bot going to do anything.

I can literally see my left rear wobbling down the road as I drive.

Anyone else had this problem or know about remedies other than rear beam replacement?

· Registered
845 Posts
i got an spc rear camber kit and it fixed my problems

· Registered
729 Posts
i noticed that on my left rear as well, but i doubt that i have a bent beam, I decided to balance my wheels and to my amusement, all four were unbalanced, so that could be my cause but i guess ill find out for sure if my new set of tires will do the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.