VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, so I was driving and the P/S belt just falls off. Now it turns over but it sounds like it's not getting any spark. Why wont it start? The car's just sitting on the side of the road right now.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Neep Help! Car's Stranded. P/S belt fell off and now it wont start. (LooseNut)

F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The bolt that bolts into the end of the crank shaft sheared off. Making all 3 belts go loose. I just spent so many hours with the engine compartment apart, replacing stuff like the timing belt to make sure sh#t like this doesn't happen. Now it's got to come all apart again. But now I have to get it 125 miles back to my parent's garage and try to get the end of the bolt out of the crank shaft. This is the second time this car has left me stranded. I'm really starting to wonder how much I want to keep it.

oh yeah, I didn't replace this bolt like the bentley says to when changing the timing belt. I feel like a jack ass. But who would think that this big freaking bolt would break?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Re: Neep Help! Car's Stranded. P/S belt fell off and now it wont start. (LooseNut)

Man that sucks. I hate it when my car breaks because I did something stupid. I guess you taught us all a lesson. If the Bentley says replace the bolt. REPLACE THE BOLT!
Torque to yeild bolts are a pain. One time use only.
At least the job will go faster this time because you've already done it once.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.