VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody negotiated CPO prices?

Since most of the CPO vehicles are lease returns, do the dealers pay residual for them, or do they pay wholesale price for them?

I am going to look at a CPO X5(07) in the next few months and was wondering.

Thanks for the info

· Registered
2009 BMW 328i, 2017 Acura MDX
4,836 Posts

Since most of the CPO vehicles are lease returns, do the dealers pay residual for them, or do they pay wholesale price for them?

Thanks for the info
I negotiated my CPO BMW just like any other used car.

· Registered
4,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess what I should have asked is how much do you normally take off. Bluebook and edmunds are useless for these. Most of the new CPOs and used BMWs with similar millage are priced about the same so its kind of difficult to estimate the price.

· Registered
8,267 Posts

Thanks for the info
CPO is just a warranty added on to a car the dealer bought at auction or took in on trade. Offer what you want to pay. If they kick you out you are to low.

· Registered
2009 BMW 328i, 2017 Acura MDX
4,836 Posts
I guess what I should have asked is how much do you normally take off. Bluebook and edmunds are useless for these. Most of the new CPOs and used BMWs with similar millage are priced about the same so its kind of difficult to estimate the price.
I started from the Edmunds TMV for a non-certified version of the car I got, then I went up from there. It ended up about 1000 below the Edmunds TMV for a CPO car, and about 1000 dollars more than the non-CPO TMV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.