VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be out there running the 285 tire'd Joefis Racing mk VI GTI in G Stock. Anyone else coming out??
My codriver is also running the same car, so that makes 2

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I thought joefis sounded familiar, but last time I went up to NEPA you guys were in CSP so I didn't make the connection. Just looked at season results...

That GTI is fast. I use Ian H as a benchmark when I run GS with the Alfa. And you got him by over a second? Nice.

(Nope I won't be there this weekend :()

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought joefis sounded familiar, but last time I went up to NEPA you guys were in CSP so I didn't make the connection. Just looked at season results...

That GTI is fast. I use Ian H as a benchmark when I run GS with the Alfa. And you got him by over a second? Nice.

(Nope I won't be there this weekend :()
We still have the CSP car, but we're going to run the GTI this weekend while we take apart the Miata for some new mods. Hopefully the GTI will run as well as last time

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finished up with my codriver taking 1st place in PAX and I took 3rd in PAX. Good second event in the vehicle,,gotta love 285 Hoosiers:)

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Are you able to fully defeat traction control?

Bring the GTI out to the meadowlands next Saturday - I want to see it move!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, it stays on really gets intrusive when steering input is alot. You have to watch your level of turning with throttle application. It is definetely much better on larger fast courses than tight technical.
I'm out this weekend, we're trying to get the Miata ready for Lincoln and have alot of work to do.
Don't worry though, we're going to campaign the GTI nationally next year in GS, and I'll be making plenty of trips to the Meadowlands.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
That's too bad, but it could end up being a good teaching tool, keeping you at the limit without crossing over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts