VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

141 - 160 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
29,320 Posts
Stranger Things II Sesame St parody. Warning contains season II spoilers:

:thumbup::p

·
Registered
23,235 Posts
Just finished both seasons.

Holy isht. What an awesome damn show. The kids are remarkable actors.

Season one was a great intro into the world of the Upside-Down. Season two expanded the menace, dug a little deeper into the characters, and mostly (I'm guessing, then.) resolved the whole threat to Will. I'm glad the second season gave Nancy some balls, the writers didn't seem to give her much depth in the first season.

So much agreement with many of the other thoughts. The Dustin and Steve thing was great. Poor Bob. Brown is an amazing actor. Eleven can give Max a chance now, I guess. Cool that they wrote in a birth certificate for Jane Hopper. The talk that Eleven and Hopper had in the Blazer on the way back to the lab was really well acted, IMO.

Episode 7. Oy, I'm not sure what to make of that. Eleven finds her mom is still alive, even after Hopper said that she was "gone", but Hopper could explain that her mind is gone and not the person Eleven could have a relationship with. All the articles that the mom was keeping suggests that other kids are/were part of the program, too. What happened to 001-007, 009, and 010? How many after 11? Three digits might mean many more subjects in the program.

The "channel your pain and anger" thing, isn't that something that could have been figured out some other way? And how damn long was she on her little road trip? Three or four days? A week? Trying to sync it into the timeline makes me a little nuts.

Billy is about as useless a character on this show as Beth and Coral are on Walking Dead. The writers must have their reasons, or just use him as a mechanism to show growth or change in other characters.

That said, no way I'm going to miss Season 3. It was an awesome show. Looking forward to more.

We did watch one episode of the after-show. Meh. The host is annoying, and parts of the conversation just got chaotic with people talking over each other. I'll give another episode or two a chance, but may not follow that series to its conclusion if it gets too annoying.

·
Senior Sloth
2,679 Posts
Don,
We finished it up this weekend also. Although not nearly as good as Season 1, a very solid second season. The filler episode with Kali (008) was meh and really not needed. This ensemble cast is amazing and who knew Winona Ryder would be awesome in this.

I also may or may not have a crush on Jim Hopper :D

·
Registered
23,235 Posts
I also may or may not have a crush on Jim Hopper :D
Welcome to the bromance. :DI think it was those dorky dance moves, LOL! :laugh: It dawned on me that Dr. Owens was essentially suggesting to Hopper that Jane has to spend another year in that damn cabin. I don't think that will go over well. :laugh:

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Don,We finished it up this weekend also. Although not nearly as good as Season 1, a very solid second season. The filler episode with Kali (008) was meh and really not needed. This ensemble cast is amazing and who knew Winona Ryder would be awesome in this. I also may or may not have a crush on Jim Hopper :D
Is this now a good time or not to mention that he was rumored (possibly the 1st choice) to have been Cable in DP2?
Welcome to the bromance. :DI think it was those dorky dance moves, LOL! :laugh: It dawned on me that Dr. Owens was essentially suggesting to Hopper that Jane has to spend another year in that damn cabin. I don't think that will go over well. :laugh:
I'm sure she'll get visitation access w/ her friends. And give her another year to learn how Earthlings exist before enrolling in the local school district.

·
Registered
23,235 Posts
I'm sure she'll get visitation access w/ her friends. And give her another year to learn how Earthlings exist before enrolling in the local school district.
Oh, absolutely. I think the conversation would be pretty funny. Hopper: "Good news and bad news. Dr. Owens gave me a birth certificate that you're my daughter. You can grow up, go to school, have a life. Bad news, he wants you to wait another year..." Jane: "WHAT??!!" Another destroy-the-cabin tantrum, and compromise with visitation and tutoring for the next school year. Maybe just be a darn kid for once in her life. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Episode 7. Oy, I'm not sure what to make of that. Eleven finds her mom is still alive, even after Hopper said that she was "gone", but Hopper could explain that her mind is gone and not the person Eleven could have a relationship with. All the articles that the mom was keeping suggests that other kids are/were part of the program, too. What happened to 001-007, 009, and 010? How many after 11? Three digits might mean many more subjects in the program.

The "channel your pain and anger" thing, isn't that something that could have been figured out some other way? And how damn long was she on her little road trip? Three or four days? A week? Trying to sync it into the timeline makes me a little nuts.
Episode 7 was more about setting us up for more on the project down the line, and letting the audience know there are more girls with different powers out there. One scary thought is that some of the girls still work for the government, unlike Kali and Eleven.

The road trip? It looks to have been about three, maybe four days. The town is in Indiana, Kali/008 was in Chicago and she was only there 24 hours. I don't remember where Mama lives.

·
Registered
13,430 Posts
Yeah I was mad when I heard it wasn't going to be Perlman again, but after seeing Harbour as Hopper, I think he can definitely pull it off.

·
17,761 Posts
Confuse people today. :laugh:

11 is 14 today.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
I went to HS in the 80's and our 15yo and I have been watching off and on. It's funny to hear her point out things I've mentioned from life and compare to how they're presented in the show.

·
17,761 Posts
I went to HS in the 80's and our 15yo and I have been watching off and on. It's funny to hear her point out things I've mentioned from life and compare to how they're presented in the show.
"wait... you had to go somewhere to play video games?"

141 - 160 of 196 Posts