VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

5501 - 5520 of 5758 Posts

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,034 Posts
I was able to side load hbomax onto my firestick. The Doom Patrol isn't terrible. And Brendan Fraiser finally came out of hiding. Sort of...

·
Premium Member
5,943 Posts
Really enjoyed Queen's Gambit. The last episode was great; too bad it's a limited series.

Now we have to figure out what to watch next.....

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Now we have to figure out what to watch next.....
exactly. I'm waiting for Mandalorian to be complete so I can binge it. Finished Kim's Convenience.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,863 Posts
So we are almost done with our New Girl rewatch. Honestly, just a lot of fun, way more subtle humor than I remember, excellent ensemble. But we are now in the last season and boy is it rough, they definitely went one too long.

Next up I think we are finally starting The Crown.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I noticed that the author of the book "The Queens Gambit," Walter Tevis also wrote "The Hustler" and "The Color of Money." I requested all three from the library and I just finished The Queen's Gambit. Honestly, the book isn't bad, but because the show is so exceptional it's one of the few times I enjoyed the show more than the book. The screenplay is very, very faithful to the book with just a few small details changed.

·
17,761 Posts
I noticed that the author of the book "The Queens Gambit," Walter Tevis also wrote "The Hustler" and "The Color of Money." I requested all three from the library and I just finished The Queen's Gambit. Honestly, the book isn't bad, but because the show is so exceptional it's one of the few times I enjoyed the show more than the book. The screenplay is very, very faithful to the book with just a few small details changed.
The benefits of ~8hrs instead of 90-120 minutes to tell the story.

As long as LOTR trilogy is (with the EE), it still ignored lots of content from the book.

·
Registered
19,559 Posts
Quick side question: our 2016 Samsung 4K TV works fine (picture-wise) but is getting unbearably laggy and freezy with some of the new apps like HBO Max. Does anyone have a favorite streaming device? I am thinking about the new Chromecast with Google TV since it is $50 and has all the platforms we use and a remote that will control the TV (and because Roku and HBO are still fighting).

·
17,761 Posts
Quick side question: our 2016 Samsung 4K TV works fine (picture-wise) but is getting unbearably laggy and freezy with some of the new apps like HBO Max. Does anyone have a favorite streaming device? I am thinking about the new Chromecast with Google TV since it is $50 and has all the platforms we use and a remote that will control the TV (and because Roku and HBO are still fighting).
Xbox. Roku box. RokuTV.

Those are the options in my house. The 1G Firestick is floating about somewhere in my box of HDMI/DVI/VGA cables.

·
Registered
19,559 Posts
Yeah, we have one in the bedroom and it is fine, but Roku still doesn't have HBO Max (it's coming "soon").

·
17,761 Posts
Yeah, we have one in the bedroom and it is fine, but Roku still doesn't have HBO Max (it's coming "soon").
Amazon has all their stuff on sale, and I thought I saw somewhere that HBOMax is coming to the Firesticks?

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,863 Posts
They last forever though. We only upgraded our original one because you needed to for Prime.

We are an all-Apple household so it makes sense for us.

·
Registered
28,928 Posts
Finished the Queen's Gambit, really enjoyed the story, also "Texas is more of a checkers state" LOL :D

Came across some bad news, The Expanse is being cancelled, season 6 will be the end of the run :( and Cas Anvar won't be in the last season, he was a 'me too' bad boy it seems -> The Expanse's Cas Anvar Won't Be in Season 6 | Den of Geek

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,034 Posts
Amazon has all their stuff on sale, and I thought I saw somewhere that HBOMax is coming to the Firesticks?
It is now available. I spent a day figuring out how to sideload the app into my Firestick a couple of weeks ago (doesn't work if you're subscribed through Amazon). I was all proud of myself for getting it to work and then a week later, the official app became available. :ROFLMAO:

5501 - 5520 of 5758 Posts