VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

5521 - 5540 of 5761 Posts

·
Registered
7.4, 5.7. 2.0T
18,399 Posts

·
Registered
28,938 Posts
Reactions: PlatinumGLS

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
The Platform

My wife and kids were watching it last night, so I tuned in, not sure I would recommend it but it was a weird movie for sure for those who are into creepy/dark movies.

·
Registered
46,002 Posts
Next up I think we are finally starting The Crown.
I hadn't watched The Crown. My wife watched it through season 3. But she said she didn't want to watch season 4 with Lady Dianna. A couple years back she got me into Downton Abbey late and I binged a couple of seasons to catch up. So now I am binging The Crown. Currently about 1/2 way through season 2. My wife joined me last night to watch season 2 again. Maybe once we finish season 3 I can convince her to watch season 4.

I think Downton Abbey was better than The Crown. At least so far. But I don't regret starting The Crown.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
So we are almost done with our New Girl rewatch. Honestly, just a lot of fun, way more subtle humor than I remember, excellent ensemble. But we are now in the last season and boy is it rough, they definitely went one too long.

Next up I think we are finally starting The Crown.
I had a unspecified and no reason hate for Zoey for many years. I guess I was turned off by her quirkiness for the sake of quirkiness.

I then watched New Girl and had to eat a little crow. She's still slightly annoying, but New Girl was so great. I think I finished all 7 seasons in less than month.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,879 Posts
We are partway through Season 1 of The Crown, and I really like it. We just got through the Coronation.

I think my wife likes it a little less than I do*, but it's so well done that we're renjoying it. I do think it's a lot slower than, say, Downtown Abby, but it has nearly a documentary feel occassionally so I guess that makes sense. It send me to wikipedia a lot to see what was really happening but it sure sounds like they stuck mostly to the actual events and timelines as far as could be known.

*so I remember very vividley watching Charles and Diana's wedding, and one of my very best HS friends was obsessed with the Royals (and Diana esspecially) so I feel like I have a lot more general knowledge about it (and therefore interest) than my wife does.

We finished S8 of New Girl last night. While I think the whole last season was unnecessary and really not great, the final episode itself was really good. In fact, it's one of the better sitcom last eps I've seen. There's a short flash-forward where they are all together playing a non-alcoholic version of True American with their kids and I genuinely got a little choked up (yup, i"m a sap).

·
Registered
19,565 Posts
Hard Kill on Netflix (it has Bruce Willis, like Die Hard) is not good at all. We lasted 20 minutes.

·
Registered
19,565 Posts
I ended up buying this — it works fine and is about 10x faster to load and scroll than the Samsung TV. Normally it is $50, but they had an offer where if you buy it for $90, they give you 6 months of free Netflix ($83.94 credit applied to your Netflix account). So it ends up being like $15 after tax and shipping.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I paid $6.99 to Disney Plus to get episodes 4 through 8. Episode 5, the Jedi, is well done. Dave Filoni wrote and directed. Michael Biehn, Kyle Reese in Terminator, has a small role.

Three more episodes to go.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
Hard Kill on Netflix (it has Bruce Willis, like Die Hard) is not good at all. We lasted 20 minutes.
WTH is Bruce doing, really? Is he trying to get the Guiness record for most movies in a lifetime? There are so many sh**ty-looking movies he's in, it's sad. "Trauma Room"? Really?

I tried a few years ago to watch "Cold Light of Day" with Henry Cavill. I think I made it 45min in before turning it off.

I had a unspecified and no reason hate for Zoey for many years. I guess I was turned off by her quirkiness for the sake of quirkiness.
you hate her because she's perfect, right? 😁

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
We started watching "The Repair Shop" last night on netflix. Enjoyable british show if you like seeing old clocks,furniture and interesting antiques (google magic lantern) being repaired. It seems to be a show that would be suitable for the history channel. I dig it !

Also if anyone hasn't seen Midnight Diner i highly recommend this show! If you can deal with reading subtitles that is. It's probably my favorite show on netflix right now.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
WTH is Bruce doing, really? Is he trying to get the Guiness record for most movies in a lifetime? There are so many sh**ty-looking movies he's in, it's sad. "Trauma Room"? Really?

I tried a few years ago to watch "Cold Light of Day" with Henry Cavill. I think I made it 45min in before turning it off.
Hard Kill was horrible. It ended up being background noise after about 20min. "CL of D" was also crap.
Has he forgotten he's allowed to say "no" to a script?

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
We started Hollywood on Netflix a couple nights ago. It's decent. Only 6 episodes. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,537
Been really enjoying the Mandalorian this season, feels like the Star Wars I wanted all along.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,539
Holy Harvey Weinstein batman :eek:
just terrible, i like Alex's character on the show, but hearing a ton about what's happening off set/off stage is terrible.

5521 - 5540 of 5761 Posts