I endeavored what I had thought the impossible. I decided to install BOTH
bars on the car myself. The rear is easy, the front is a PITA. Here some pics:
28mm rear bar on car

and for those wondering WHY an aftermarket front bar solve driveshaft rubbing

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Neuspeed bars on car now (Wakaru)

heh just how mine looks .. but did u put the front in yourself? how hard was it?
O BTW, is that the TT SS 2.5" Exh? i didnt get the invisible tailpipe .. but i wanna know if the 4mo valence gonna look good with it.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Neuspeed bars on car now (1BadAzzVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]heh just how mine looks .. but did u put the front in yourself? how hard was it?
O BTW, is that the TT SS 2.5" Exh? i didnt get the invisible tailpipe .. but i wanna know if the 4mo valence gonna look good with it.[HR][/HR]​
Yup, I put the front in myself too. It's hard for a first timer. Alot of bolts to take off AND put back on. Taking the stock one off is not as hard as some say it, but it was installing the clamps to hold the new rubber bushings and new bar was the hardest of all. See, the new bar and bushings are thicker and bigger, but you have to reuse the stock clamps. So what ends up being that when you try to bolt the clamp back on with the new stuff you'll find that the bolt won't reach the thread without some brute forcing.
And yes, that's a 2.5 SS TT. The visible tip was meant for the regular valence.
As you see how the tips extends from the exhaust then dips down slightly and exits out the rear valence. Not sure how it would look on the 4mo valence, but a
straight tip should look better than the tip I have for your case.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

for some reason i totally forgot to add the invisible tailpipe .. but i have heard it adds more noise anyways.
thx for the info

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: Neuspeed bars on car now (Larry1.8TTU)

omg are u serious? the rear 28mm bar is the biggest diff u can make and feel. i dont know much about the front except its a b!tch to install.

·
Banned
3,459 Posts

Totally agree! The rear is simple but the front is a major PITA! Here are alot of pics that I took when I did mine. Shows alot of the area you have to work with or lower.

front and rear install pics

[Modified by KJ-VR6, 7:44 PM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Neuspeed bars on car now (KJ-VR6)

Are the triangle-things part of the package? They're all painted the same Neuspeed red, but I don't see how those are going to improve handling.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: Neuspeed bars on car now (weissguy)

quote:[HR][/HR]Are the triangle-things part of the package? They're all painted the same Neuspeed red, but I don't see how those are going to improve handling.
[HR][/HR]​
lol!

·
Registered
14,345 Posts

I gotta get me one of those 28mm rear sways... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: Neuspeed bars on car now (Deception)

very nice how much did you get those for? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Re: Neuspeed bars on car now (1BadAzzVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]omg are u serious? the rear 28mm bar is the biggest diff u can make and feel. i dont know much about the front except its a b!tch to install.[HR][/HR]​

How is it better? Less roll, more stabililty, less bouncy, all of the above?
I just want to know.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Neuspeed bars on car now

-weissguy
lol! I wished those triangle things did come with my package, then I wouldn't
have to go out and buy them that day.
-bdw31
I got them from the recent Neuspeed group buy organized by KJ-VR6. <props man!>
and they were some where at 56% off retail price.
-Larry1.8TTU
the rear makes a big difference. it makes the rear end alot tighter through turns. you won't feel the rear end sliding out anymore and handling overall is
neutralized and car rides relatively balanced, meaning a lot less body roll.
not only is the rear bar all that PLUS it is 3 way adjustable (soft, medium, and hard) to your tastes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.