VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was in the process of building a n/a aba with a fully ported and polished head and a tt 276 cam, tt adjustable timing gear, eurosport lightweight intermediate shaft pulley, gruvenparts lightwieght crank/alternator pulley and lightwieght tensioner roller, obx header, dehumped and polished throttle body, new south power gasket, test pipe bolted then to a supersprint exhuast, probably forgeting somethings but you get the jist.... I just was offered a deal I can't pass up on a nuespeed supercharger set up!! So know plans have changed and I'm going to be using all the pieces I have already except the cam oviously. And am going to purchase or trade for a 260/268 cam. Planning on messing with pulley options.. Any help in that department from experienced peoples is greatly appreciated! I have no ac in my car by using the vr6 water pump pulley.. Where can I get a seep belt that fits??? Or what size do I need? and am planning on deleting that pesky evap stuff??? To the left side of the bay on my obd 2 golf. Now if I do that and run nuespeeds software for the charger will I throw a check engine light? Or should I get a different chip suited more towards my exact set up? Any help greatly apreciated and or is there anything I should change from my previous set up to better suite my new FI :D setup ? What fueljg upgrades should I do if I ran smaller pullies? Given I would have to get a new chip .Thanks in advance. Jon

· Registered
21,499 Posts
Gruvenparts pulleys arent under-driven...they will work fine.

The 268*/260* is the perfect cam for what you are looking to do. But if you are looking for a less expensive option that will work, either the TT266* or the Autotech 270* will do nicely. A little less low end, but not anything to worry about.

SPend the money and buy the C2 software. NS software runs on the lean side, and if you are planning on a bigger cam and adding more air flow, you want better fueling. Not to mention that the NS charger still uses the stock 16.5# injectors.

As for the belt size, I forget what I used in mine. I know at first I got the non-ac belt, which was too big. So I brought it back and got one that was like the next size down and it worked perfect.

· Registered
1,677 Posts
I have a Neuspeed S/C on a MKIII so here is some of my experience.

The powergasket set you have will not work with the S/C. The gasket moves the manifold (or S/C in this case) slightly forward and prevents it from bolting into the rear supports. The adjustable timing gear is not necessary because with your new cam choices you will be setting it to 0 anyways. If I were you, and I had the increased flow (P&P head, header, test pipe, etc.) I would get the AT270 cam as tdogg suggested. This is the cam I am using with mine. It will be cheaper and flow better (higher lift and more upper midrange and a little bit more up top) than a TT268/260.

Now a couple of things with the increased flow you will have. You will see lower than normal boost numbers because you will be able to flow more into and out of the cylinder chamber vs. "stacking" boost in the intake manifold. Do not worry about it. You will actually have higher HP and TQ numbers. The neuspeed software runs a little lean with a stock motor and a "stock" 2.8" S/C pulley. You are going to be even leaner because you will be flowing more air than a stock motor. This will be made much worse if you install a smaller S/C pulley. Once again as tdogg suggested, get the C2 motorsports 30# fuel injectors and matching software. Not only will this fix the fueling situation, their timing maps are much better. I am using this as well and it made a huge improvement.

If you decided to get a smaller pulley the best place is through pulleyboys.com. Keep in mind if you go smaller than a 2.6" you MUST add some type of cooling. Even with a 2.6" you should but it is not necessary to run safetly. About the only option is a Water/Meth injection system. I am using a stage 2 snow performance system with great results.

I believe you will have a check engine light regardless of what software you use if you remove the evap system.

I have belt sizes for MKIII neuspeed S/C with AC but not without. I believe they are listed somewhere in the large neuspeed S/C thread listed in the FAQ at the top of the page.

· Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. I'm trading for a autotech 270 and am going to try and get a light wieght Cam pulley instead of my adjustable one. Now I'm going to try and possibly fab something up to allow me to use the powergasket. I'm going to call c2 and see if they can write my evap stuff out on my chip when I purchase it. Pretty sure they can. Good look guys

· Registered
1,246 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.