VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am just wondering who has a Neuspeed chip in here.. and how did you like it.
I have a GIAC chip in my car but I hear people always slaggin neuspeed.
What is wrong with it?
On all types of applications ranging from VR to 2.0L

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: Neuspeed Chips vs GIAC??? (Grumpy-Smurf)

buwahhaha..i love your sig man...im guessing that the neuspeed isnt dialed in like the GIAC is, and it dosent provide the same hp and tq numbers....thats my guess as i have a TT chip and love it

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Re: Neuspeed Chips vs GIAC??? (Euro Flavor)

I never had one, but I think most of the complaints were geared torward fuel enrichment and timing. I think people were complaining that their cars ran too lean, which seems like it could have something to do with the timing. Usually, if you advance the timing on a car, it will run richer, and pull harder at higher RPM. Sounds to me like the GIAC chip simply advances the timing a bit more than the neuspeed one does. However, there could be many other factors involved...thats just a guess. You might want to try posting in the 12V VR6 forum to get a more clear answer - those guys know their stuff.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Re: Neuspeed Chips vs GIAC??? (am1899)

My friend had a neuspeed chip in his car, doesnt seem to pull much. The tt i have pulls a lot and love it.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Re: Neuspeed Chips vs GIAC??? (am1899)

I don't know what it is about Neuspeed stuff, but from all of my friends experience, everything sucks from them except for like stability bars, and plug wires. All that a chip does is ignition timing, fuel curves, Rev limiter, and speed limiting manipulations. It is possible to over advance the timing to actualy give you less performance. I think that this is the possibility with the Neu stuff. I have talked to Collin at TT and he said that alot of their competitors software really just "Over Does" things, which will sacrifice the whole idea of chip tuning altogether. I would put my money on GIAC or TT anyday, and leave it to the companys who spend hours upon hours of dyno time to perfect their product.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Neuspeed Chips vs GIAC??? (TDIVentoDave)

Yah from everyone I know... The TT seems to be the one everyone likes.
What about autoauthourity or Weittner???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts