VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first off, don't tell me to use the search, cause I just spent an hour reading through the archives.
Now, I had my dealer do some research for me and they came back with the Neuspeed cat-back for my 02 GLI.....$850 installed with a loaner while they do it. To me that sounds very high. I went to another shop that told me $675 installed for a TT plus another 150 for the tip....so which one should I get? Also...my dealer made it clear to me that if I went through their guy, I would not have any problems with voiding my warranty.
Any thoughts? Oh and don't tell me to get other exhuasts....I am deciding between these two...thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Neuspeed Exhuast pricing? (black_GLI)

But I like the fact that my dealer assured me that there would be no warranty issues. I have had problems in the past with dealers trying to screw me on warranty issues do to a mod that had nothing to do with the problem....just the fact that it wasn't stock made the warranty void.....so I took that as a bonus.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts

I guess I see where you are coming from. One thing to keep in mind is that there's a law out there that says a dealer can't void your warranty based on a mod. If the mod causes something to fail, then they can. Otherwise they can't do a thing about it. Nevertheless the Neuspeed exhaust is very nice. I've had it for about 15000 miles or so. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

What about sound between the two? Which one sounds better? Also, anyone know the gains from either one? Keep in mind I have the 24V....not the turbo.....so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts

i know, i've got a 12v, and TT is the only company that will give you any gains (well, magnaflow will, but it's only 2.25" as opposed to 2.5") performance wise. TT sounds nice.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts

get a magnaflow. there is a gb going , and they are 350 shipped. the quality is top notch and it sounds amazing on a vr6. I have magnaflows on both my golfs.

·
Banned
1,423 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]So is $850 installed for the Neuspeed a good price? [HR][/HR]​
I just checked parts4vws.com and they don't seem to show the neuspeed exhaust anymore. but vwaftermarket.com does. go here:
http://www.ndimports.com/catalog/en...xhaust&action=step_two&title=Neuspeed Exhaust
They sell the new neuspeed exhaust made for the GLi with the twin straight tips for $600. Add shipping and you'd probably be looking at $650 at the most. So just buy that and have the dealer install it. They shouldn't charge you more than $100 for labor and even that is pretty high. Honestly though, the magnaflow is so much cheaper that I would see if you could get that one. I have the neuspeed and love it though. I get compliments on it all the time.
If you go to the 24v technical forum and look for "bakersfield_gti" he has sound clips of the magnaflow in his signature
ERiC

·
Registered
7,880 Posts

Good Choice, I got the Neuspeed cat-back exhaust(DTM Style) http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I paid $575.00* installed, but of course I did not have my dealership install it
..................................Shawn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.