VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

NEUSPEED Power Pulley Kit - 2.0T TSI

Your car's alternator and A/C are powered by a belt connected back to the crankshaft pulley. Spinning these pulleys draw precious horsepower from your engine. NEUSPEED's powertrain engineer, using sophisticated CAD software, performed a mass properties analysis of the crank pulley. The result is reduced parasitic drag on the engine, increased horsepower, better response and quicker reving. This kit includes a new under-drive crankshaft pulley, crankshaft bolt and ribbed belt.

The NEUSPEED crankshaft pulley is made from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for durability. Unlike color anodizing which is mostly cosmetic, hard anodizing builds up a hardened layer over the base material to help prevent wear.

NOTE: Factory tool required and professional installation recommended.

Pulley Weight:
* Stock 4 Lbs. (64 ozs.)
* NEUSPEED 13 ozs.

Features:
* 20% Under-drive reduction
* 5 - 7 horsepower gain.
* Designed and engineered Camarillo, California.
* Manufactured in USA.

Retail: $249.95 + shipping
USP price: $239 shipped!!

Click here to order!!
Use coupon code "ST-FS1" during checkout to receive discount!!

Questions? Contact me through email, [email protected] or via Instant Messanger (AIM) Jeff at USP

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have a couple of questions regarding this product. Does it have any affect on the AC or the alternator, for example not having enough current going to them due to a smaller size. Also by having a lighter pully, does it really give you more horsepower or just faster reving and acceleration to the vehicle?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pointless to ask because they dont reply. :thumbup: for customer service
Sorry for not getting to you sooner. Its hard for me to stay on top of every thead, easiest way to get ahold of me if through email, phone, or AIM (all in signature).

No, this does not effect performance of A/C or alternator. Yes, it creates more horsepower to the wheels because the stock pulley is creating parasitic load on the engine, taking more power to spin it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.