VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey can u guys help me with the neuspeed supercharger are they good or is it not worth it can i put an intercooler on it or no just help me out on theses things i would like to see some pics of some cars with it
thanks alot

· Registered
2,586 Posts
Re: neuspeed supercharger (mk3 jetta96)

No you can not put an intercooler on without some serious fabrication with the lower intake manifold. Are they good? If you can find one for $1000 they are. Easy to install and totally reliable. You can get prolly around 8psi of boost with it. Do some water/meth injection and you are all set.

· Registered
701 Posts
Re: neuspeed supercharger (mk3 jetta96)

Easy to install, reliable and easy to maintain and a little bump in power, but dont look for huge gains. Like it was said, if you can find one cheap, it's worth it.

· Registered
275 Posts
Re: neuspeed supercharger (Talus)

The supercharger is awesome. It will hold up with a lot of other cars on the road. I push 10psi with mine. If you put on the charger, make sure you get a new cam,cam gear and small pully. If you have the money to blow on one, do it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
33 Posts
Re: neuspeed supercharger (jetta1031)

they are good but arnt rated to make loads of power. you can get the bahn brenner x-flow supercharger for i think $200 more for stage one and then there are 2 more stages to go. so if you can spend the extra in my opinion

· Registered
7,336 Posts
Re: neuspeed supercharger (jetta98k2)

BBM or nothing. Almost bought a NS S/C for my MK4 Jetta until I drove a Beetle. It was almost as quick as a stock 1.8T (150 hp model). Six months later we did another run with a 2002 Jetta 1.8T(180hp) model. Walked us every time.
It's not worth it. Cams, intake, cam gears, exhaust, aquamist and you still won't touch a chipped 1.8T.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.