VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i bought a neuspeed tie bar, havent installed it yet because of the horrible weather in portland, yet i was wondering if anyone has installed the upper tie bar and has any tips for the install, to prevent me messing anything up. I have never worked with the suspension on cars but have worked on everything else. if u have any pics that would help as well.
thanks....

· Registered
10,932 Posts
Re: neuspeed upper tie bar?'s (mkivbora)

first post?
Basically measure 10x and drill only once. What I did was position the bar and mark 1 side with a red marker... make sure its dead center. Then drill that and lightly bolt that side down lightly. Then goto the other side and mark off where you should drill, take off the bar and go drill the other marked side. Then go bolt the bar on, and no you dont need to take off your wheels or shocks, just jack up the front of your car so that the wheels hang down.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: neuspeed upper tie bar?'s (samc)

hey thanks for the info, ive been in a bind for some time thinking about it. just to make shur i would do it right. and its my first post because i usually am a supraforums.

· Registered
14,449 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mkivbora »
hey buddy its not a sway bar. its a strut tie bar connects the strut towers together. i allready have sway bars by h&r

I know what they are. I'm just saying you're wasting your money on something that's not going to help you in any way. The strut towers are part of the firewall, so you already have a much stiffer frame. That's all.

· Registered
843 Posts
Re: neuspeed upper tie bar?'s (dcomiskey)

Quote, originally posted by dcomiskey »

I know what they are. I'm just saying you're wasting your money on something that's not going to help you in any way. The strut towers are part of the firewall, so you already have a much stiffer frame. That's all.

...and the upper mounts are big ol' rubber doughnuts anyway.
A rear tie bar is even sillier.

· Registered
1,398 Posts

It took me about 30 mins to install mine, it's real easy. Make sure the bar is seated flat on the two strut towers before you mark it. Once you find a place that it feels secure, have someone else either hold it or mark it. Make sure it doesn't move from that spot. Then drill one side and put some touch up paint on the inside of the holes to prevent rusting. then install the nuts and insert bolts to make sure that the other side still lines up. Then do the same for the other side. I suggest putting a piece of rubber or some silicon under the bar where it comes in contact with the tower, this will prevent it from scratching the paint there and eventually leading to a rust problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.