Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
11,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Introducing the VMR Wheels V702 Multispoke
Customizable for a Wide Variety of Vehicles!

Part of our 2014 line of wheels, the VMR Wheels V702 are custom built to order, machined in-house, with most fitments ready for shipping within a few short days. The VMR Wheels V702 is a refined and simple 10-spoke design specially crafted to suit modern European luxury vehicles. It's deep concave face and widened undercut lip compliments the symmetrical straight spoke construction.

V702 Features
  • Each offset features its own unique face / spoke profile. The lower the offset, the deeper the concavity.
  • Enhanced undercut to supplement concavity and for added weight savings.
  • Symmetric ten spoke design characterized by deep concavity and durability.
  • Offered in Premium Matte & Brushed Finishes

Premium Factory Finishes
  • Matte Gunmetal with Aluminum Brushed Face
  • Matte Hyper Silver
  • Matte Gunmetal
  • Optional Powder Coat Colors

Available Sizes
  • 18x8.5 ET35, ET45
  • 18x9.5 ET22, ET33, ET45, ET57
  • 19x8.5 ET35, ET45
  • 19x9.5 ET22, ET33, ET45

Tire Packages
Wheel & Tire packages are available! With our in-house Hunter GSP 9700 Road-Force Balancing machine, our experienced technicians will flawlessly mount & road-force balance your setup, eliminating vibrations and preventing any chance of wheel damage due to the tire mounting procedure.

For all inquiries contact us directly via PM, email [email protected], or by phone at 714-442-7916. You can also contact any of our authorized dealers for more info.

Our V702's are estimated to ship from our warehouse starting Mid November. Preorders are now open, call to reserve your set!

High Resolution Product Photos

Matte Gunmetal

Matte Hyper Silver

Matte Gunmetal with Aluminum Brushed Face

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Reminds me of one of my favorite wheels of all time, the MTM Bimoto.

Sadly, not much in the way of RS fitment, especially in 18.
19x9.5 et45 should be a perfect RS fitment (I'm running other VMRs in the same fitment). If 18x9.5 et45 also clears the calipers, then that's another good option. Both may need a tad of clip trimming in the back.

·
Registered
486 Posts
19x9.5 et45 should be a perfect RS fitment (I'm running other VMRs in the same fitment). If 18x9.5 et45 also clears the calipers, then that's another good option. Both may need a tad of clip trimming in the back.
VMR Stated that none of their 18's will clear rs brakes (barrell clearance AFAIK).
ET45 in 19 is a tad aggressive, especially if you plan (like I do) to run 265 or 275 tires.

·
Registered
725 Posts
VMR Stated that none of their 18's will clear rs brakes (barrell clearance AFAIK).
ET45 in 19 is a tad aggressive, especially if you plan (like I do) to run 265 or 275 tires.
Do the VMW 19's clear TT-RS brakes in the front?

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
I run VMR V710 in 19x9.5" et45 and they clear the calipers with room to spare.
UPDATE: I can personally confirm that the VMR V702 in 19x9.5" et45 clear the front TTRS calipers, with at least a millimeter or two to spare! :D

Teaser pics:

Thanks to Kevin @ VMR for getting these cut and over to me quickly! It's nice that they can be cut to 57.1 mm center bore (no hubcentric rings needed), and the lug hole countersinks are large enough to accommodate the Audi lock bolt set (unlike the V710). The only bummer so far is that the V702 takes a slightly different centercap clip style than Audi OEM, so the OEM center caps don't fit. :( Odd, because they fit the V710 just fine!

More to come...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Is there a slight poke at that offset?

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Is there a slight poke at that offset?
As far as I can tell, the 19x9.5" wheels themselves sit just about flush with the fender. Mounting 255/45-19 tires then stretches the contact patch area under the fenders.

Marty - very much looking forward to seeing full pics of the car with these wheels. I've been very curious to see these on a TT since they were announced..
Ask and ye shall receive!

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Thanks! The wheels look even better in person. They have a very simple / elegant pattern, yet a hint of aggression with the concave face. They look like the old TT S-Line 18" 10-spoke OEM wheels on steroids. Here's an image of those OEM 18" wheels for those that haven't seen them:

Versus the V702:

VMR - I'll snap a few more pics showing the TTRS front brake caliper clearance this weekend.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Wow, great pics! The car looks fantastic.:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.