VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,601 Posts
So I picked up a new 2021 DSG Autobahn MK7.5 in the US 2 days ago. Made November, 2020 according to the sticker. So far have had/discovered 2 small issues.

1. There was a loud buzzing/rattling/vibrating noise coming from the passenger side when coming off the throttle at around 2000 RPM and when idle at times. Didn't matter the mode I was in (Eco or Sport, etc.), so I knew it wasn't the Soundaktor. Took it to the dealer today, and they confirmed the noise was there and coming from the fuel and eval lines vibrating the the frame channel. They fixed it by installing some VW "anti rattle foam tape", whatever that is. I Googled around and saw that this was an issue going back years, so what should I make of this? Why would a 2021 car still have this issue, and is it a design issue, as not all cars have it?

2. I noticed I don't have the Performance Monitor option the the "CAR" menu. I don't really need it, but I just remember having it in my 2018 Golf R, so as I was going though the options one by one, it was interesting that it's not there. I thought maybe the GTIs don't have it, but then I read the below press release, and they SHOULD have it. Even in the new MIB3.

"SE and Autobahn models feature a Performance Monitor in the Car settings of the MIB3 infotainment system. The screen shows three dials, which can be toggled through to create your own custom display of readings such as G force, relative PSI, usage of engine power in kW, and engine oil temperature. There’s also a lap timer screen where you can select start and stop and get a readout of stats."

So how could this be? I would think being made just a few months ago (Nov, 2020) it would have the latest software. Anyway, I will contact the dealer tomorrow, but curious if others have this issue.

Lastly, I worry that my particular model was built sloppily. Seems I'm discovering new things every day. I hope these 2 issues don't mean I got a bad car/build.
Interesting. Mine is a 2020 autobahn in stick and I definitely have the performance monitor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Interesting. Mine is a 2020 autobahn in stick and I definitely have the performance monitor.

Yeah, it's a 2021 thing, with the new MIB3. Spoke to the techs and they said VW will have a software update for it.

·
Registered
2021 VW GLI Autobahn
18 Posts
Yeah, it's a 2021 thing, with the new MIB3. Spoke to the techs and they said VW will have a software update for it.
Can we get the updates over the air when they come out? I know there’s an update software button but it just brings up a blank page right now and the manual is worthless.

Also, does anybody know if the buzzing sound affects the GLI as well? I noticed it the other day but haven’t since. If it comes back it would be nice to know it’s the fuel/evap line or if it’s something else with the GLI.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good to know on the fuel line thing. I’ve been dealing with that intermittently on my ‘19 since October. I’ve mostly only heard it when it’s cold (below 40 degrees F) and thought it was a wonky clip in the door panel or kick plate.

Good news is, it’s getting warm now, so I’ll forget about it when it’s time for my next oil change, not mention it, then be suddenly reminded come next fall

21 - 24 of 24 Posts