VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
521 - 540 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Considering the bs markups on the typeS pushing it to 60-70k, street price of the lex will be in the 80-90k range for launch editions easily. Which is a shame honestly.
is that happening? my brother just went last weekend checked out the type S and it was 50s surprised him how cheat it was.

·
Premium Member
9,882 Posts
Dealer near me is selling at MSRP with qualifying offers on top. I don't think there's ADM across the board... some dealers are just fishing (as they should)

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
When do these actually hit showrooms? I'd like to go take a look.

·
Premium Member
9,882 Posts
Not without a non refundable deposit and credit check.

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Not without a non refundable deposit and credit check.
Credit check fine...I ain't paying to look at a car. This isn't an amusement park. Now, you have a track I can rip one on? Sure.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
They are there now, my brother sent me a picture from the dealer in the dark red color.

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
I'll have to go check out JM then. Considering Southeastern Toyota basically brought Toyo/lexus to the states I'd assume they have one.

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
The regular 2021 IS300/IS350 is on the dealer lots, but not the IS500. Lexus hasn't even released prices on the IS500 yet.
oops my brain mixed up Type S post :sneaky:🤪ignore me sorry

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
damn i thought the is500 was out early but like roped off or something to gen hype

·
Premium Member
9,882 Posts
Reactions: Smigelski

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Savage geese et al reviews are out. $57k impossible to find base, $62k premium (aka most common), $68k launch. As with the type s the c&d tested numbers seem like they shouldve been a lot better. Still na v8 though.

with adm im guessing mid 70s-80 premium and 90k launch…pepper your angus if you want a launch ed

·
Premium Member
9,882 Posts
Yep just watched and checked C&D stats. It's not super far from the benchmark M340i- 0-60 is a lot slower but it starts to reel it back in the quarter mile. Like Mark said though this is not a spec car............... it does everything it needs to do well very well, and brings things to the table nobody else does. I'd wager that in 5 or so years these will be worth more than all the German equivalents honestly.

With meatier tires, good suspension and an oil cooler this is basically an IS F.... def still my pick of the segment. Will have to see what prices do in like 2 years

·
Registered
'94 Corrado/ '07 997tt/ '18 GC SRT
28,013 Posts
Yep just watched and checked C&D stats. It's not super far from the benchmark M340i- 0-60 is a lot slower but it starts to reel it back in the quarter mile

With meatier tires, good suspension and an oil cooler this is basically an IS F.... def still my pick of the segment. Will have to see what prices do in like 2 years
This is clearly a car you buy because you like what it has on offer. It's not a numbers car, and being an F-sport product, it's not really going to be a high performance car. I think once you get off the keyboard (collectively, not you specifically) and drive it, it will be a compelling product. It's a heavy car as well. Basically what we have here is a 4-door Mustang GT with perhaps the basic performance package (PP1 in old terminology). I also don't think the price is crazy out of line either, but that's me. My biggest fear here, if I was in the market, is that I'd be really excited to drive one, then drive one, but still prefer the driving experience of the M340 or even S4. On paper at least, I'm still a big fan of the IS500.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
msrp is fine, its the ADM im worried about

Reactions: NotFast

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
:D I'm collecting my pennies. I like where this car sits right now, I sold my Evo a few weeks ago and I'm preparing for a family high-er performance lux sport sedan 😈

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
lol friend of mine is picking up an evo tomorrow its not yours is it

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Yep just watched and checked C&D stats. It's not super far from the benchmark M340i- 0-60 is a lot slower but it starts to reel it back in the quarter mile. Like Mark said though this is not a spec car............... it does everything it needs to do well very well, and brings things to the table nobody else does. I'd wager that in 5 or so years these will be worth more than all the German equivalents honestly.

Looks like the M340 can launch a bit quicker but the trap speed is very close. IS500 would be an easy choice for me over the M340.

521 - 540 of 570 Posts