VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OEM+ 3.6 4motion DSG build thread

***Latest picture of the car***
Below are all the mods I have made since the purchase :)

more pictures here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7208522-So-my-project-is-finally-%28i-think%29-complete-%29

Bastuck rear tips are gone, new S5 tips :)

Hey guys,

Just bought a CC 3.6 4-Motion off a friend and is really happy with the purchase. Car has less than 8000km on the odo and is hardly driven.
Let the mods begin :)

-R line kit
-20x9 RS4 wheels
-245/30/20 p zero gt
-H&R Coils
-Bastuck Exhaust
-K&N Panel filter

Hopefully the car should be in good shape next month and will upload the exhaust sound :beer:

Update #1 with yellow fog lights

Update #2 Some progress with parts.. H&R coils and K&N intake shipped out. Bastuck exhaust getting installed :wave:

Stock exhaust out

Bastuck in

As you could see from the photos, the bastuck is basically a catback (without central silencers + mufflers). Unfortunately, volume was way below expected so I took it back to the shop and chopped off the 2 small resonators out. I wouldn't say it's a lot louder, but at least better :p I'll post videos later on!

New tires on wheels, will be fitting the H&R coils in the next couple of days :cool:

So I got the H&R SS Coilovers fitted. Amazing coils (the ability to go very low and also the quality/comfort.. :thumbup:

Still testing out the height, dampening, etc..
Next will be R line kit and wrapping the roof!

R line kit installed but not 100% satisfied.. (fitment was just so-so) but for around $150.. oh well :facepalm:

still have the rear spoiler lip and the rear valence with aggressive diffuser look (larger dual outlet) still debating on it..

had a friend took a picture from the back.. finally found "one" more positive comment on the bastuck.. the piping's in the rear is decently aggressive :vampire:

quick photoshoot with the iphone. wrapping the roof next!

took off the oem rear valance and replaced it with a more aggressive one :)

for those who were wondering how to take off the rear valance here's the link:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7157361-easiest-way-to-take-out-rear-valance

finalized the adjustment for the ride height and alignment done

next i'll have the scirroco R mirror caps and R line door sills installed :)
more parts came in!

trunk mats for protection :cool:

r-line door sills installed :)

and finally the scirocco R caps :beer:

think wrapping the roof will be pretty much the final cosmetic thing i'll do.. at least for now :)
randomly bought a full set of new rotors and pads... hopefully it'll look good with the big calipers :)

installed the rotors, still need to paint the calipers volkswagen racing blue :beer:

and a bit of online shopping

just a quick mod to protect the R line lip :cool:

so finally... i have the roof wrapped in gloss black to match the half-sunroof.

Yep.. the mods never end, painted the calipers blue

I keep on saying the project is done.. but again I found out that the DRL LEDs would 'complete' that OEM+ look so I decided to buy them:p

along with the R line badge :thumbup:

Full LED conversion for all the rear bulbs

It's been a while since I've updated the thread. Added chassis bar and 're-organized' the exhaust set up

As I've always wanted the back end to look OEM+, the Bastuck muffler/tip was too aggressive. Found the S5 tips to be a perfect match and deleted the rear muffler (straight pipe except with the Bastuck mid-muffler still on)

Cruisin with mates

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Nice! Get the unitronic tune.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Get the unitronic tune.
Thanks! How does this tune feel? Don't most of the people say that N/A gains from a chip isn't massive?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
It's not massive, but it is quite noticeable. The car feels so much lighter and the throttle response is amazing, I'd buy it again.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated fog lights :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Stage 2 tune is AWESOME! Prefer Uni, but just get it from where ever.... :laugh:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stage 2 tune is AWESOME! Prefer Uni, but just get it from where ever.... :laugh:
Since this is a NA engine.. wt hardware is required for a stage 2 tune?!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Since this is a NA engine.. wt hardware is required for a stage 2 tune?!
He's mistaken, there isn't a stage 2. Uni offers a 1+ for a 93 tune.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks brilliant, wish I had the lighting kit! I have an HID conversion that does a fair job. In for post R-line results. Did you get gold coast kit or real R-line parts?
Cheers.

Actually, I have had a couple of guys asking me the same question about the R line kit.
The kit is actually from SH VW (From the China market). Great thing is, since China has their own CC (and also has a R line for it) we could basically just order the OEM kit from China for almost like 1/5 of the price..
It's weird, because all the cars we get in HK is Euro-spec but we get to enjoy the cheap benefits from ordering OEM chinese market VW parts for much less.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updated thread with exhaust setup.
I'll post video's soon!

·
Registered
795 Posts
When you start doing the exhaust videos, please post copious amounts of them. The few I've seen online are mixed - one is from a parking garage, and one is from outdoors w/ wind noise.

I'd personally love to see the 3.6 with Interior driving city/highway, Exterior drive-by, Start/Idle.

Even though you further modded the Bastuck, I'm extremely interested to hear what your installation sounds like.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
When you start doing the exhaust videos, please post copious amounts of them. The few I've seen online are mixed - one is from a parking garage, and one is from outdoors w/ wind noise.

I'd personally love to see the 3.6 with Interior driving city/highway, Exterior drive-by, Start/Idle.

Even though you further modded the Bastuck, I'm extremely interested to hear what your installation sounds like.
Have you seen any of these vids?
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...rce-Thread&p=84583318&viewfull=1#post84583318

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.