VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got mine in today. Installed it. NO MORE BUZZING FINALLY! Only problem is i was reading peaks of 20-21 psi with the old t splitter. Now Im only reading a peak of 17 but i dont feel any slower. I have apr 93 n75j valve mbc from boostvalve.com aem cai and forge 007. I adjusted my mbc to where it allows maximum boost and that didnt do anything so now im questioning if thats positioned wrong. But also is the New t splitter reading wrong or was the old one reading wrong?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: New 42 DraftDesigns T Splitter. Thoughts? (atz12345678)

Stopped by 42nd the other day to pick one up. I hear ya, FINALLY buzzing gone, it drove me crazy. Guage still works like it did before 21-22 spikes. Glad they came out with this, I had tried the rc filter, that didnt do anything for me. And it was free

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
they mailed mine out FREE this week.. 42DD is one of the best companies in the dub world to deal with customer service is bar none!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Re: (lsc2g)

Quote, originally posted by lsc2g »
they mailed mine out FREE this week.. 42DD is one of the best companies in the dub world to deal with customer service is bar none!

Yep, they are sending me out a t-fitting for free as well http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
atz maybe you should try the old one again to double check...
I contacted 42dd to get one as well... maybe I can test both to see if there are any differences.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
atz:
you really should use the vacuum line, its much safer. If anything should happen to the FPR line... you can mess up your motor. On the other hand...the vacuum line, you just lose boost... no permanent damage.
Let me know how it goes... I should be getting my T fitting soon too!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know ive been thinking about getting the fpr line replaced. Its weird though i tried my other t splitter and didnt do anything different except buzz. BUT when the car is off my gauge reads 1 below 0. It should be 0. Im not sure what the problem is.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Your not loosing boost.

The new t-fitting is a restrictor, it slows don the incoming feed, and therefore you will see a less accurate reading on the gauge.
Especially, if you tap into the DV vac line,.....that signal is already slower due to the compression and expansion of air in the line.
Less accurate readings are a result of both circumstances, and have no effect on the actual boost that your car has,.......they only affect what your gauge can see.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Re: New 42 DraftDesigns T Splitter. Thoughts? (atz12345678)

for some weird reason i installed mine and still have a buzz, i only hear it when i am cruising at low rpms in 3rd or 4th gear...when i hit the gas and the turbo is laggin u can hear it as the boost builds ....if u downshift it is silent as a mouse but tryin to just hit the gas with low rpms in high gears i hear it.....any ideas
....and it isnt like a rattle or a buzz it is a noticeable vibration

1 - 10 of 10 Posts