VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
+update+

The car is at my parents house now and I'm taking care of it, ie removing all the rust.

Hi,

Just one hour ago my doorbell rang. I was a bit surprised as I wasn't expecting anyone. It was my nephew, he wanted to show me his new car:

1974 FIAT 128 with a FIAT Ritmo Engine+G'Box. This thing is a blast to drive :) And people's reactions are fantastic, we had a guy in an Impreza STi slow down and give us the "thumbs up" :D

Little fact I didn't know (anymore): It has IRS all around and a traverse leaf spring at the rear and an automatic brake bias modulator. It is just sad they had that much of rust problems back then...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Thats brilliant, especially liking the interior and the wheels.

Do you know what size they are? guessing 4x98 too being a fiat?

·
Banned
5,192 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup: I have no idea what either of those little cars are but I am suffering from cuteness overload! I want both of them! I apologize in advance knowing I am not supposed to call cars cute.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the interior is cool :) That's right, 4x98 bolt pattern, 14" diameter. Original Alfa Romeo wheels. I guess from the 80's Giulietta?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Nice, my friend is looking for new wheels for his Fiat Uno, quite hard to find anything decent as 4x98 isnt very common and old Alfa/Lancia wheels dont come up very often for sale. I think those wheels would look great on his Uno though, ill show them him as a possible option.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a 1inch exhaust? :laugh:

I like it alot, But the stickers one the trunk? :sly:
LoL, yes it's really small. No big difference between this and the one on the 126 (the white one in the background).

The stickers were put on by the girl (!) who was the previous owner. GTI EATER is a bit far fetched, but the car weighs a little over 800kg (1600lbs) and has around 80hp and that's noticeable.

:thumbup::thumbup: I have no idea what either of those little cars are but I am suffering from cuteness overload! I want both of them! I apologize in advance knowing I am not supposed to call cars cute.
I guess it's ok :) The red one is my nephew's car, the FIAT 128. The white one is my FIAT 126bis. Amazing cars :D

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Car looks great :thumbup: My friend has a orange one whose metal is slowly getting thinner and thinner. This one looks solid though!

There's a bunch of great later 4x98 wheels out there.

Spare tire in the engine compartment?
Pretty common. My Fiat 850 Spider had the spare in the trunk, with the engine underneath it.

·
Premium Member
54,646 Posts
I like it alot, But the stickers one the trunk? :sly:
those stickers gotta go... they're not even level...

However the car is ****ing tits.
I never realized how big the 128 is compared to the 126

Which Ritmo engine does it have?
a 105TC would be awesome in that

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Nice, my friend is looking for new wheels for his Fiat Uno, quite hard to find anything decent as 4x98 isnt very common and old Alfa/Lancia wheels dont come up very often for sale. I think those wheels would look great on his Uno though, ill show them him as a possible option.
He could use 4x100 wheels with PCD variable lug nuts/bolts. Of course he would NEED hubcentering rings.

Nice little car BTW. I alwat find it interesting when the spare tire is in the engine bay :laugh:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts