VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1547 Posts

·
Registered
9,801 Posts
Hmm I'm interested, especially if it comes in coupe form. Though I wonder if it does have a Type R model if it is better to wait...but the markups ugh lol.

Actually shocked all those posts on facebook showing the renders and a camo'ed car was actually leading to something

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Wtf that motor1 rumor site was right.

·
Registered
2014 Mazda3 Sport 2.0 6MT / 2001 Mazda Miata 1.8 6MT
7,962 Posts
man, the Integra was the last car I would have thought any manufacturer would have brought back. Colour me mind blown.

...but I am genuinely curious what will come of this. I was so convinced that my next dd would be a Civic...

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Motor Trend is saying it will be an AWD Hybrid of some sort. 🤔

I wish it would just be a coupe version of the Civic Type R with better styling.

Next up Acura, bring back the Legend! Make it a full EV sports sedan. (y)

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
The renders look horrible. In one, TYPE-R is crooked, lol.
Video of a picture, never seen that before.
Drone outline, yay.

I do like the low hoodline in the renders and the drone outline. It'll be interesting to see what they do, or don't do in 2022. I think it'll be an effort with Elon Musk for a BEV Integra, after all, Elon invented the electric car.

·
Registered
04 Gti, 06 IS250, 13 Tacoma TRD, 21 Highlander Platinum
197 Posts
If they make it all riced out like the civics are now I will be so disappointed. Knowing honda I'm sure they will though. Im my opinion the late 80's-90's are they best bodies/motors they ever made. I still have a 88 CRX that I debated on building, but picked up a 04 GTI instead. JDM will always have my place in my ❤ though.

·
Premium Member
10,447 Posts
I hope it's a 4 to 5 door replacement for the ILX. They can style it like a coupe. If they actually make it a coupe it's gonna bomb.

·
Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
26,953 Posts
If they make it all riced out like the civics are now I will be so disappointed. Knowing honda I'm sure they will though. Im my opinion the late 80's-90's are they best bodies/motors they ever made. I still have a 88 CRX that I debated on building, but picked up a 04 GTI instead. JDM will always have my place in my ❤ though.
Good point. Every time I see one of those civics (R), I want to do grocery shopping. Oh and dat triple tail pipe is smokin' yo. I hope the integra inspires the same, and has triple tail pipes.

·
Registered
46,572 Posts
Iiiinteresting. I'll hold off any guesses/judgement until I know more, but this seems like it should've been done a long time ago.

I seriously doubt there will be a coupe and a sedan, so I would expect either "4-door coupe" styling or a proper sedan only. My guess (and its nothing more) would be a 4-door coupe.

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
38,718 Posts
Civic Type-R drivetrain in a less garish body with more lux?

1 - 20 of 1547 Posts